AZOneTwoStep - Phoenix, AZ - June 14-15 SSBB

Hey fellow brawlers, this is Arizona Connection’s second tournament that we are holding June 14th-15th 2008. At this moment the location is still undetermined once we get a estimate on how many people are attending I will post the location as of right now its between a hotel and a convention center.

Last time at AzOne we had a turnout of 80+ people and we did doubles and singles in one day. With EoW, Taj, Forward, B-stick, Glide, and the rest of AzC ran the tournament. Last year we had some out of state players show up such as HugZ, Adreese (i cant spell), Azeem (again cant spell), stright, if i forgot you im sorry [Razz] . This year we are hopeing for 200+ people to show up.

Cost & Prizes:

Singles: $15 - 1st place - 60% - 2nd place - 30% - 3rd place 10%(Subject to change with how many people preregister)

Doubles: $30 - 1st place - 60% - 2nd place - 30% - 3rd place 10%(Subject to change with how many people preregister)

Crews: Price TBD- Possibly just free to determine best crew at the tourny!

Venue Cost: $5 - Every venue we have looked at will cost us over $400 dollars for both days. I will provide reciepts at the tourny to show im not making profit off it. Also anything that we make over what we paid for the venue will contribute to random prizes we give away. Any questions or frustrations with this please post on thread.

A schedule of events:
Day 1 (June 14th, 2008): Doubles Pools followed by Doubles Bracket ending with One round of singles pools.

Day 2 (June 15th, 2008): CREWS!!!, Second singles pools, finish with singles bracket.

Rules Doubles:
Stages Neutral > Smashville, Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi Story, Lylat Cruise

Pools will be determined on how many people Pre-Register by June 1st, 2008

Pools will be best out of 2 so if its 1 - 1 then the round draws a result of 2 - 0 is a win, 0 - 2 is a loss.

Best 2 out of 3 rounds for normal brackets:
Winners and Losers Finals: Best 3 out of 5 Rounds
Grand Finals: Best 3 out of 5 Rounds

Rules Singles:

Stages Neutral > Smashville, Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi Story, Lylat Cruise

Pools will be determined on how many people Pre-Register by June 1st, 2008
Best 2 out of 3 rounds for normal brackets:
Pools will be best out of 2 so if its 1 - 1 then the round draws a result of 2 - 0 is a win, 0 - 2 is a loss.

Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals: Best 3 out of 5 Rounds

Rules Crews:

Same levels as Singles
Each crew will consist of 5 people with 3 stocks each. 5*3=15…
Teams will right down who each person on their team is and the character they are using.
Then give your papers to your opposing team.
You may have 1 alt.
If you beat the person and have any # of remaining stocks left, you will then continue to play the next person the team sends in with that same # of stocks.

Dave’s Stupid rule is on
Each team may strike a stage, Losing team counter picks.
No pausing during matches.

Stuff not to do or you will go home (unless its funny)
Dont physically hurt anyone.
No racial remarks or personal attacks (some people are sensitive, again dont say anything that isnt funny)
No crying about refunds becuase there are no refunds., if i give out refunds and it comes down to prize time and money is missing i get blamed.

No moded controlers. (YOU MAY CHANGE CONTROLLER SETTINGS)

All rules may change

SMASHBOARDS FORUM <— Voice opinion on changes or ideas here.

cizber.com <–pre-reg site

can’t wait to see the competition :smiley:

I know alot of guys that would want to show up to this. But I can’t even fathom a reason why it would be a two day event for one game. Not alot of people would be able to take 2 days out of their schedule to go to a one game tournament.

Smash boards isn’t loading for me right now, but if anyone could pass that along to the dude in charge it might pull in alot more competition.

well, if you look at the site and check out our current pre-reg list after a week. we’re expecting a pretty decent turnout. we have to do a pool or 2 of teams, teams bracket double elim. 2 rounds of singles pools. double elim singles bracket, and crews. it makes more sense to split the days up rather than running a 22 hour tournament. if the turnout is not as big as expected, we’ll probably cut the event to 1 day. it depends if people decide to pre-reg or not.