Aztez - My Personal Beat-em-up Project

Hey guys, I just thought I’d drop in and mention this game project I just started production on since (in my experience) there’s usually a lot of overlap between fighting game fans and beat-em-up fans. It’s an Aztec themed game and it’s going to be completely free (wouldn’t come in here trying to sell anything) and I figured some of you would be into the art prototyping I’ve been doing.

We’re maintaining a development blog and we’re exposing a lot of the dev process as we move forward. If you want to see some actual game content you can actually run right out of your web browser (if you have the Unity plugin installled - it’s completely safe) check out the post on the environment stuff I’ve been making. Also, check out the post on the weapon effects I’ve prototyped. These are both interactive! So have some fun with them and any feedback you hardcore motherfuckers have would be amazing.

Looks pretty cool. Good luck.

If it’s anything like AvP, it will rule.

Looks great!

So far the animations are pretty smooth, the backgrounds look really good. this looks like its gonna be alot of work.

is it gonna be in color or all black in white ?

Hey thanks a lot! And so far the plan is to have everything be monochrome and it’s looking like we might keep the blood red, since there will actually be game mechanics based on how much blood you spill. :wink:

Sounds like MadWorld…have you played that?

I’m hyped for this its very interesting and I like the source material you got it from . Overall keep up the good work its good seeing new blood ( pun intended) in the Beat’em up genre

Just finished reading all the blog entries on your site. I’m definitely looking forward to what you come up with.

I haven’t played Madworld but I’ve always wanted to cuz I LOVE Platinum Games - I just don’t have a Wii. But yeah, they really drove home the whole black and white w/red blood thing. Hopefully Aztez will stand out from it and I think it will cuz MadWorld is so grungy looking.

I haven’t played Madworld but I’ve always wanted to cuz I LOVE Platinum Games - I just don’t have a Wii. But yeah, they really drove home the whole black and white w/red blood thing. Hopefully Aztez will stand out from it and I think it will cuz MadWorld is so grungy looking.

Love the minimalist graphical style.

Threw up a new post on some of the weapons you’ll get to use in the game!

http://www.aztezgame.com/blog/2010/02/07/aztec-weaponry/

The weapons seem fitting for the aztec style. i like the predator looking spear… maybe as a bonus weapon or some kinda secret or for beating the game or something you can throw in the predator shoulder cannon :cool:

Really digging the art style.

Hahaha a shoulder cannon would be rad.

So I threw up a new dev log post that shows off the Marketplace environment from some behind the scenes angles. http://is.gd/7Vi3D