B+MK; into LP Yoga Flame SUPPORT

dhalsim

As a noob to Dhalsim, I’ve been trying (like many) to get the [B+MK; into LP Yoga Flame] combo. I’ve read all the posts that simply suggest practice and repetition. I’ve tried to play without the ability to execute this combo and it’s been only moderately successful. Anyways…

An approach that worked for me last night was to practice the [B+HP (1-hit) headbutt; into Yoga Fire] combo.

*In order to get this to “combo”:

1. Hit B+HP…the headbutt begins
  2. As soon as you hit B+HP, start the HCF + any punch (even HP). This must be finished before the 2nd hit of the headbutt. I know Yoga Fire is QCF but from the back position, it’s easier just to roll your joystick QCF.
  3. You can separate this combo into 2 parts: (i) the joystick motion and (ii) the timing of the button presses.

(i) The joystick motion - for the combo, simple. It’s just QCF starting from the Back position. B-BD-D-DF-F

(ii) The timing of the button presses - it’s not as quick as plinking but try to hit both buttons within 1 second. Tap…Tap.

The key is learning the timing of the button presses. Once you can do this 2 hit combo on both sides effectively…go back and try the [B+MK; into LP Yoga Flame] combo with the same button timing.

**[B+MK; into LP Yoga Flame] COMBO:
(i) The joystick motion - for this combo, I tried what I read from the forums. B-DF-B…it’s almost like a quick B-F-B. If you can execute Guile/Honda/Blanka’s ultra 1, then you have the joystick speed to execute this. Once you knock this combo out a couple of times, the muscle memory will take over.

(ii) The timing of the button presses (SEE ABOVE) - it’s not as quick as plinking but try to hit both buttons within 1 second. Tap…Tap. If you are like me (suck), when trying the joystick and button presses together…you have a mild seizure. Make sure you hit the MK while the joystick is at B. Make sure you hit LP for the Yoga Flame after (or at the same time) as you hit B again. Use the show input command in training to verify what you’re doing.

Good Luck

xbox live: PineNutButter

yeah, in training mode i get the full combo to super like 80%. In real matches though, i end up with a slide or f.mk half the time. Pressure of the moment i guess.

thanks for this, i was trying for a while to figure this out. hopefully i can get this to work.