After some serious consideration and having seen all of the other excellent builds by fellow members, I have finally decided to take on the challenge of building a Vewlix Cabinet for my personal use.
The only thing is I wont be building an exact copy of the beautiful Vewlix cabinet. I have chosen to put my own twist on it and tweak the original design to suit my requirements.
I must say none of this would have been possible without the precise sketchup model and dimensions which can be found online. Sorry dude, I forgot your name. :S
I took the original sketch up model and created my own version. I wont show any pictures of what it will look like when finished as I want everyone to see it as it progresses and hopefully get some feedback to see if we can tweak it along the way.
My main requirements were as follows:
- More ergonomic and smoother design.
- Wider cabinet than the original Vewlix as I like to have some elbow room to play. Especially as everyone in my family is tall I didnt want it to turn into an elbow war while playing.
- Lower overall height
- 2 different control panels which can be interchanged, so either full sanwa or seimitsu
- Integrated speakers dolby 5.1, nothing to raise the roof as it will be used at home.
- 32" lcd tv. I had nearly lost my mind trying to figure out which one to buy as I wanted one with minimal lag but finally made my mind.
I call this arcade cabinet … Bewlix
Edit: I thought I would add the link to Donovan Myers webpage where you can download his very accurate sketchup model of the original vewlix cabinet.