I saw a thread like this on the Balrog subforum and I thought many of us can use one here.
For me when I tend to start doing the same moves over and over similar to what Sirlin describes in his Playing to win article
- Focus attacks a lot. I think this is because when you face many characters that jump in, FA can be just as reliable as crouching fierce, this is a good way to make sure you can get a solid combo out. But it becomes bad when you face a Chun with the two hit fierce or a Bison who headstomps or scissors or anything.
- Demonflip divekicks. Tend to do this most of the time and demon throws rarely and airfocus never. Needs more mixup.
- Demonflip divekick poke poke poke tick kara throw. This is what many Ryus and Guiles and Chun Li’s would like to do and it can work with Gouken, but I myself need to use the reset more.
- Counters on seeing an opponent crossing up on your wakeup only to get empty jump throw. Counter less, block and tech more.
- Anything with backthrow. I’ve seen many players start thinking about this a lot more and even using it a lot more when they’re lower on health. It can be really bad gameplay if you throw it a lot or walkup throw without any setups and good players will tech or punish you hard for thinking about/using it.
Anyone else have bad habits with Gouken? Have you tried to fix your gameplay?