Please post your Requests/Suggestions on this Thread at Capcom-Unity if you have any.
Edit: Since Capcom has officially announced the release of a free balancing update for SSF4 AE in the Fall/Winter of 2011, I just thought it’d be potentially helpful to have this Thread as a way to give Capcom and/or the SSF4 Arcade Edition Balancing team some good ideas on what they can do to balance Gen to possibly make him a more viable character in the next update. Ono has said that he wants to get the balancing right on this next update and that he will take his time on this. It sounds like there’s a good likelihood that this will probably be the final balancing for AE, so let’s hope that Gen will be more viable in this next update.
My idea of changes for Gen -
- Stance Switch changed to 1 Frame.
- 950 health and 950 stun.
- Make Crane Crouching Roundhouse less susceptable to trading/stuffing.
- Make it so following up with a Gekiro will not whiff sometimes after landing the Zanei (Mantis Super) against an opponent in the corner.
- Fix the Stance Change Landing Glitch.
- Make Shitenketsu (Mantis Ultra 2) more useful.
I think Gen is pretty solid for the most part, but I do feel that he does need a little more to justify his frailness a bit. He’s still very fragile considering his health/stun and not having solid answers for upclose pressure.