I’m creating some threads on the forums about how to balance the characters. I’ll only start threads on characters which I have fought with very, very much. For other characters, feel free to start a thread on your own =)
The concept is just to put out there what you think would perfectly balance a character that you have great experience with. You may add one new move to the character if you feel there is a strong deficiency that can only be resolved with a new move. Also, add a third Ultra which you feel would help the fighter with difficult matchups. Also, please refrain from ridiculing others’ ideas… it would be better to provide your own ideas and politely comment on why you would not do what others have proposed.
- Ultra I hits on the way up in SSFIV, making it both a terrific anti-air counter, and a good projectile counter. Because it is now so powerful, I feel it needs a damage reduction from 480 to 420. I main Vega, but I have to admit that the move is overpowered as is.
- Ultra II needs a purpose. With Ultra I being anti-air and anti-projectile, and having been more damaging to boot, I propose that Ultra II the more damaging Ultra for Vega, but also a more difficult Ultra to hit. Ultra II should no longer go through projectiles, but should do 480 damage. This makes Ultra II a punisher ultra, used to do massive damage to an opponent after a miss.
- Ultra III would be called “Vanity Counter.” The command is DN, DN, DN + All Punch. Vega’s mask must be off in order to perform this Ultra. Upon inputting the command, Vega says in a short cut-scene, “Do not touch my face.” For the next 8 seconds, Vega’s face glows slightly. During this time, any overhead attacks, any standing attacks against a crouched Vega, and any dragon punch type attacks against Vega start the counter. Once the counter begins, Vega says, “Perhaps you did not hear me.” Vega steps on the foot of the opponent, slashing their face repeatedly before performing a slashing uppercut that launches them high into the air. Vega leaps into the air, grabs them, and performs a spinning Izuna Drop. Damage is 400. This move cannot be used as an immediate counter since the effect does not begin until Vega’s face is glowing, about 1 second after the input.
- I feel that most of Vega’s special moves are fine at this time. One exception is that I feel there is no real use for the EX version of Rolling Crystal Flash, so I would remove it to accomodate one new special for Vega that I think is needed.
- The other exception is that Sky High Claw should receive a 30 point damage increase. It should be 140 instead of 110.
- Vega’s biggest weakness occurs when he is trapped in the corner. Therefore, I suggest that Vega receive the ability to front flip by pressing forward/down and All Punch. This would allow Vega to escape the corner, while not giving him an unpunishable way out of the corner. There would be no kick version, as I feel players would use it as an unfair way to approach opponents while invincible.
- All are fine to me.
- The only change I would like to see here is a slightly higher damage rating for crouching HP since it is rather difficult to hit, and Vega needs a normal with higher damage.
So what are your ideas? Do you agree, do you disagree? Let’s see =)