Battle at the Border 2 Results and Shoutouts

Thank you all to everybody who attended this tournament especially those who came out from Houston, Austin, and San Antonio and helped support our scene. I’m glad I ordered the extra tags and what not because our tournament had an attendance of about 80 players. I apologize for the few tournaments that ran late, it was hard making brackets when I myself am playing in different games and so are my bracket runners. But without further a do here are the results for all 9 tournaments, none were canceled.

Someone fill me in with the info missing. It is marked with question marks.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2

1st Buckethead - Houston (Magneto, Iron Man, Sentinel)
2nd Rudy - Houston (Magneto, Cable, Sentinel)
3rd Luiz - Brownsville (Sentinel, Storm, Commando) (Magneto, Storm, Psylocke)
4th Joey H.
5th Max_85
5th Shizuma_15

Capcom vs. SNK 2

I allowed the tie for 1st
1st Rudy - Houston (K- Sagat, Blanka, Cammy)
1st Buckethead - Houston (A- ?, Chun Li, R2 Eagle)
3rd Jan - Houston (K- Kyo, Mai, R2Sakura)
4th El Fuerte
5th J.D
5th Gerald

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection

1st Legendary Gouku - San Antonio (Xiayou)
2nd DEMON_JIM - Harlingen (Eddy)
3rd ChromerX - Los Fresnos (Lilli, Xiayou)

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo

1st Nican - Mexico (Ryu, O. Ken)
2nd Sir Arthur - Mexico (Boxer)
3rd DEMON_JIM - Harlingen, TX (Claw, O. Sagat)
4th Buckethead
5th Hamm
5th Suavion

Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core

1st Jan - Houston (Potemkin)
2nd Pozerwolf - Austin (Testament/Ky)
3rd Alex Kula - Brownsville (Testament)

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike

1st J.D - Mexico/Brownsville (Yun)
2nd Nican - Mexico (Makoto)
3rd SOS - San Antonio (Ken)

Super Smash Bros: Brawl

1st Pozerwolf - Austin (Snake)
2nd Pax - Brownsville (Meta Knight)
3rd Dr. Mario Kart - Austin (Meta Knight)
4th Roy R
5th Mark G
5th Kira

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 Low Tier Tournament

1st Luiz - Brownsville (Jill/Psylocke/Thanos)
2nd Buckethead - Houston (?)

Super Smash Bros: Brawl Doubles

1st Stiltskin/Roy R - Team Sexy Legs (Meta Knight/Pit)
2nd Pax/Vash - Team Vax (Meta Knight/Marth)

Highlights:
J.D vs Nican 3S Grand Finals, damn I wish somebody recorded these. Nican coming from loser bracket goes up 3-0 and looks like he is going to reset the bracket and then J.D comes back and pulls off some very clutch matches and wins 4-3.

DEMONJIM vs Suavion ST came down to last match with all 3 rounds being won be pixels.

Brawl Grand Finals Team Sexy Legs comes from the loser bracket and resets the bracket. It comes down to the last match with all players at 1 stock and over 100% health.

Jan vs Pozerwolf GGAC Grand Finals, I started laughing cause Pozerwolf had a cheering section and they were chanting his name during the matches.

SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME MORE HIGHLIGHTS THESE WERE THE ONLY ONES THAT I SAW.

Shout Outs

Houston peeps - thanks for coming to our tournament, it’s good to have players from your alls neck of the woods

San Antonio peeps - thanks for coming out, I know you all drove all morning and night

Anybody else who came from outside the valley, we all really appreciate you all supporting our scene

Those of you who brought setups thank you so much. You all really helped out.

Suavion - damn good match in ST man that shit had my heart bumpin

Big Chris - I should of taken that double or nothing when Luiz played Joey

Hamm - thanks for helping out and running stuff

Joey - you cost me $11 by winning against Max

Max_85 - STICK WITH MSP DAMMIT

King Mosquito - Thanks for helping me out with registration and setting up the brackets. Our players will surely be in attendance at your alls tournament in SA

Pozerwolf - thanks for coming out again, Good shit winning Brawl.

J.D - thanks for running CvS2/3S/T5 I was really swamped with my work.

Sir Arthur - You finally got your revenge on me in ST. Good games man.

Mikey - Thanks for running Brawl singles and doubles. And thanks for bringing your setups. You really stepped up thanks a lot man.

Stiltskin -Thanks for the Nintendo Wii setup. It was good talking to you on side.

Pax - Good shit holding it down for the valley smash players

I’m still a little tired and still have to unpack my stuff so if I’m forgetting someone I’m sorry but I’ll holla at you later. And on that note I’m out and I will never again switch stick setups in the middle of a tournament.:shake:

Vids!! - I used the youtube better quality trick so some of the vids will look better
[COLOR=“DeepSkyBlue”]Marvel vs. Capcom 2[/COLOR]
MVC2 Luiz vs. Joey H.
MVC2 Hamm vs. Max_85 1of3
MVC2 Hamm vs. Max_85 2of3
MVC2 Hamm vs. Max_85 3of3
MVC2 Luiz vs. Moo
MVC2 Hamm vs. Edgar 1of3
MVC2 Hamm vs. Edgar 2of3
MVC2 Hamm vs. Edgar 3of3
MVC2 Alex vs. Buckethead 1of2 (The names are switched in the title Alex is left and Buckethead is right)
MVC2 Alex vs. Buckethead 2of2 (The names are switched in the title Alex is left and Buckethead is right)
MVC2 Max_85 vs. Joey H. 1of2 (The title says 2of2 that is wrong it is actually game 1of2)(Game 2 missing)
MVC2 Burgerz vs. Buckethead 1of2
MVC2 Burgerz vs. Buckethead 2of2
MVC2 Rudy vs. Hamm 1of3 (The title is supposed to say 1of3 not 2) (Game 3 missing)
MVC2 Rudy vs. Hamm 2of3 (The title is supposed to say 2of3 not 1of2) (Game 3 missing)
MVC2 Buckethead vs. Rudy 1of3 WF (The names are switched in the title Buckethead is left and Rudy is right)(Game 3 missing)
MVC2 Buckethead vs. Rudy 2of3 WF (The names are switched in the title Buckethead is left and Rudy is right)(Game 3 missing)
MVC2 Luiz vs. Rudy 1of2 LF
MVC2 Rudy vs. Luiz 2of2 LF (The names are switched in the title Luiz is right and Rudy is left)
MVC2 Rudy vs. Buckethead 2of3 GF (Game 1 missing)
MVC2 Buckethead vs. Rudy 3of3 GF (Game 1 missing)

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 Low Tier Tournmanet
MVC2 Low Tier Luiz vs. Max_85 2of2 (Game 1 missing)
MVC2 Low Tier Edgar vs. Buckethead 1of2
MVC2 Low Tier Edgar vs. Buckethead 2of2
MVC2 Low Tier Monkeyspank vs. Buckethead 1of3
MVC2 Low Tier Monkeyspank vs. Buckethead 2of3
MVC2 Low Tier Monkeyspank vs. Buckethead 3of3
MVC2 Low Tier Joey H. vs. Mario
MVC2 Low Tier DEMON_JIM vs. Hamm 1of2
MVC2 Low Tier DEMON_JIM vs. Hamm 2of2

Super Street Fighter 2: Turbo
ST Suavion vs. DEMON_JIM 1of3
ST Suavion vs. DEMON_JIM 2of3
ST Suavion vs. DEMON_JIM 3of3
ST Gerald vs. Hamm 1of3
ST Gerald vs. Hamm 2of3 (The names are switched in the title Gerald is left and Hamm is right)
ST Gerald vs. Hamm 3of3
ST Hamm vs. Buckethead 1of2 (The names are switched in the title Hamm is left and Buckethead is right)(Title says 2of3 this is wrong it is 1of2)
ST Hamm vs. Buckethead 2of2
ST Suavion vs. Nican 1of2 (Title says match 2 this is wrong it is match 1)
ST Suavion vs. Nican 2of2 (Title says match 1 this is wrong it is match 2)
ST Buckethead vs. Burgerz Whole Set
ST Sir Arthur vs. Alex 1of2 (The names are switched in the title Sir Arthur is left and Alex is right)(Title say match 2 this is wrong it is match 1)
ST Sir Arthur vs. Alex 2of2 (The names are switched in the title Sir Arthur is left and Alex is right)

-DJ-

Good games to everyone and thanks for coming out!!!

BTW, I used Jill/Psylocke/Thanos in the low-tier tourny, and Alex Kula is from Brownsville.

Tourney was fuuuuuuuuun
Hot Dogs were top tier
anyway

I think I remember both 3s and CvS2 top 8

Third Strike

1- J.D - Mexico/Brownsville (Yun)
2- Nican - Mexico (Makoto)
3- S.O.S - San Antonio (Ken)
4- Ratdash - Mexico (Dudley/Ken)
5- Sir Arthur - Mexico (Chun Li, Ken & Makoto)
5- Betty - San Antonio (Yun)
7- King Mosquito - San Antonio (Ken)
7- Ivan - Brownsville (Ryu, Ken)

CvS2

1- Buckethead - Houston (A- ?, Chun Li, R2 Eagle)
1- Rudy - Houston (K- Sagat, Blanka, Cammy)
3- Jan - Houston (K- Kyo, Mai, R2Sakura)
4- El fuerte - San Antonio (C Honda, Sagat, R2 Blanka)
5- J.D - Brownsville (A Vega, Sakura, RS Bison)
5- Gerald - San Antonio (C ? , Blanka, RS Sagat)
7 - Legendary Goku (P Kyo, Hibiki, R2 Chunli)
7- Ratdash - Mexico (A Geese, Rolento R2 Rugal)

BTW

Pozer told me he won the brawl tourney with Snake

3rd ChromerX - Brownsville (Lilli, Xiayou)

she is from Los Fresnos

2nd Pozerwolf - Austin (Testament/KY)
3rd Alex Kula - Brownsville (Testament)
4th SOS (Testament/Pot)
5th Furix(A.B.A/Dizzy)

nican took ST!!! :amazed: damn you nican imma get your ken next time:devil:

Maax out!:tup:

sorry guys i didnt record 3s finals. i was too pissed off at my performance. anyways stuff i recorded.

cvs 2 matches
skip vs gerald
el fuerte vs bucket
mvc2
joey vs adam
bucket vs rudy
hamm vs ???
jd vs hamm
and like 5 other matches.
recorded some ggac matches. i would of recorded the finals for ggac and brawl but nobody made an annoucement as to the finals taking place. same with ST

oh and the joey vs some guy in green shirt match. i had this mm for $5 on the side on who would win and that guy didnt pay me…:bluu: oh well.

i had fun casuals were good. only down side was that it took to long for 3s and mvc2. wayyyy to long.

oh and FYI the biggest pay out of the night and congrats goes to pozerwolf!!! $300 first play for brawl singles!!! wooo way to good sir:pray::pray::pray::encore:

good shit houston, JD, and luiz!:tup:

good games everyone … sa town tourney june 21…

the third strike final’s was like watching a combo video lol also sos did really good considering it was his 1st tournament. also i dont play ken i main elena lol. - king mosquito

good stuff man, hope you guys took some pics so you can post them

yea good turnout, joey h, ill get you next time lol, buckethead thxs for playing me, damn you and rudy in the finals = crzy matches lol, but yeah gg’s to everybody

Btw, people have a habit of using my account >.>

Though I pretty much said all that above anyways.

It was fun meeting all the good players, reminding me how far I have to go before I can get anywhere in these games, and had a great time. I’m glad everyone was already talking my upcoming June event (I wish I had a flyer but I think most people at least know others that post on SRK), and hope to see some familiar faces.

I’m going to finally picking up the arcade stick and throwing down the controller, and hopefully in a month’s time be able to use it. I hope to see everyone June 21st!

I continue to have no answer for Houston in CvS2. Hopefully next time things will be different.

Good games to everyone in CvS2, Tekken, and that other guy I played in Arcana Heart.

Ditto on the hot dogs being awesome!

Ye, Guilty Gear results.

Oh and for smash:
Super Smash Bros: Brawl

1st Pozerwolf - Austin (Snake)
2nd Pax - ? (Meta Knight)
3rd Dr. Mario Kart - Austin (Meta Knight)
4th Roy R - Houston (Snake/Marth)
5th Mark G
5th Kira

I believe thats correct.
And I believe Pax was from Brownsville.

Otherwise, nice tournament.
I had fun ;o

tourney was a lot of fun, i didnt play ken in 3s, just makoto and chun, guess ill be playing with her since she got me a nice place :tup:

good games Jim, matches were so close, and dam, i was on winners brackets and nican got me with O Ken :arazz:, gotta take the 1st place next time :bgrin:

GG everyone i played :tup:

GGs to everyone out in everyone in at the tourney I had too much fun.

Demon Jim…that was the best st match I’ve had in a very long time. I hope someone recorded that because I want to save it. I wish we could have played some more games in casuals though.

Hamm - Thanks for letting us crash at your crib. I had fun playing against you and everyone in st.

Hispanic guy that was owning me in marvel - GGs man, I will get better trust me.

gg’s to all have one fun time!

gene, rudy , joey, big chris, gerrald it was cool chilling with you guys i had a good time playing marvel also some cvs2 and st at the end good stuff :tup:
im danny btw aka burgerz

luiz: how lucky were you lol :razzy:

nican: damn you! too bad we didnt get a shake :shake:

JD: imma pick up makoto!

suavion: actually that was my friend alex he played combofiend right?

pozerwolf: damn i didnt know you took the whole brawl tourny gotta show me your snake tactics! :tup:

moo: dammit you took my 10 bux :wasted:

to anybody i missed: nice metting yall

yeah i recorded it the match of you and jim, so it will be posted up soon

Whoever recorded any videos could you please send them to me so I may upload them?

-DJ-

Good shit guys, I couldn’t make it due to weather complications. Stupid tornado warnings.

What happened hamm?!?!