Battle Fantasia Thread

Didn’t see a BF thread in this section, if there’s already one, please point me to it and delete this one!

Please post up if you’re down for some online BF. I just got my copy last night, but I like it. Online is fun, but I’d like to get a good list going so we can hopefully play matches until our eyes bleed.

This is a Japanese game, yes?

There are talks of Battle Fantasia getting localized(by who? Don’t know). But yes, at the current time it is import only.

It is import only, but it works 100% on any PS3, doesn’t matter what region or model. All PS3 games are supposed to be region-free.

Almost all of the menus are in english, there’s virtually no need to understand Japanese to play this game as a fighting game.

Online battles work as normal battles do.

There is talk of a Fall Release in America, but I can’t find anything confirming this. Also, a good point someone else made was that there’s no guarantee they’ll keep the Japanese voices for this game, and I can’t stand American voice dubbing. Oh yeah, and it was $60, the same price to buy it if it were to come out here, so no nasty import gouges.

Hope to see you all online!

I guess I should traverse Chinatown for a copy. If not, Playasia will own me up with shipping because I do overnight. I don’t trust leaving anything in the Asian continent for more than 2 days.

It is import only, but it works 100% on any PS3, doesn’t matter what region or model. All PS3 games are supposed to be region-free.

Almost all of the menus are in english, there’s virtually no need to understand Japanese to play this game as a fighting game.

Online battles work as normal battles do.

There is talk of a Fall Release in America, but I can’t find anything confirming this. Also, a good point someone else made was that there’s no guarantee they’ll keep the Japanese voices for this game, and I can’t stand American voice dubbing. Oh yeah, and it was $60, the same price to buy it if it were to come out here, so no nasty import gouges.

Hope to see you all online!

Deathsythe, have you tried NCSX.com? I go through them instead of play-asia, I find their shipping to be much more reasonable.

yesasia
Mine is about to arive any minute now.
Great to hear that the online mode is working well!

Man, shipping for NCSX is WAYYY cheaper ! $10 for Battle Fantasia and HRAP3. :pray:

Yeah, that’s what I’m gonna shoot for. I’ve ordered from them before, but I always forget about their site.

I’m up for some games. 200ms against japanese Donvalves is a bit taxing on my patience.

Lol, thats exactly what happens man, they use the lag and DV’s priority to win. I guess I should expect it though.

I’ll most likely be on tonight, I’m mostly rotating between Cedric/Ashely/Freed, but I really want to pick up Face.

Hope to see you on!

im down for some games. i dont blame them for usin donvalve cause u cant do anything in delay. I use donvalve in delay as well.

Masamuna!

Fun games man, you really handed it to me on a few of those. Sucks that there was a DC on that last match though, I guess PSN is flakey.

Hope to play you again soon!

GG’s Maxx. Yeah, the DC sucked but atleast we got 6 or so games in. I’ve got your’s and Mag’s PSN requests added, so lets get some more games in the future.

PS, where are you in GA?

Ordered mine last week from Play-Asia. Hope it comes in soon so i can join in on all this fun.

ggs maxx and masa wish both of u guys were on westcoast. you guys pinging same as japanese. max u know cedric combos right? also, i think mashing punch on wakeup is not a good idea :frowning: cause u get hit with a lot overheads and with watson claw hitting u. but yea im goin to be gettin the x360 version for n/a release cause xbl online is better.

Yeah, EC to WC really takes a toll on the lag. Couldn’t hit confirm for shit. But at the end of the day j2C will net me a match or two.

GG’s Mags.

u mean j2d yea. the thing is i actually know how to play donvalve. the japanese players just throw. but i think ec to wc on xbl will be better

PSN id: kusa. I’d love to play some of ya sometime. DeathBringer ftw!

Hey Kusa, got the invite while I was watching a movie. I’ll be back on this weekend, we’ll play for sure!

Pig, I wasn’t meaning to mash C on wakeup, I just couldn’t time the moves right to do specials on wakeup. :frowning: This is the first online fighting game I’ve played since CvS2 back in like 2002/2003, so I’m remembering what its like to deal with lag. :confused:

I’m trying to learn Cedric, he’s very Guile-esque, and I play him a lot in SF games. TBH, I haven’t had much time to learn combos, I don’t even know where to look them up. I just watch youtube vids if I have time at work and then just play when I get home.