With Capcom’s recent collection spree, I’ve been thinking of picking up one of these two games (or both, one of which through “alternate” means). With that in mind, which one of the two would the people of SRK recommend? This thread might also be a good place to better document the differences between the two games.
PS2 Vampire Collection:
- Like Alpha Anthology, has all Vampire (Darkstalkers) games ever released.
- Also has arranged versions of some of the later games, most notably Vampire Saviour to emulate the Saturn version (which had all of the characters ever seen in the series in one game).
- Has the secret character “Dee”, first seen in the PSP “Dark Tower” game.
- Has Dip switches (in Japanese) to let you configure the little things for each game.
- No “Hyper Vampire” mode.
DC Vampire Chronicle:
- Is essentially “Hyper Vampire”, you pick your character and game version, then fight!
- Characters introduced in Vampire Saviour also have Vampire and Vampire Hunter (Darkstalkers 1 & 2) versions, which is kinda neat.
- I’ve heard rumblings that the graphical translation isn’t that great, but I’m not sure.
Those are the main points for each game that I’m aware of. If anyone can comment further on the more aesthetic stuff (graphics / sound, etc.), that would be greatly appreciated.