BB Cross Tag Discussion: Fate of 4 Worlds

Some Marvel heads only play Marvel. Can’t get everyone into anime. With some rumors going around I’m holding out for more MAHVEL also.

Should start playing this game soon. Should.

Not everyone, I know, but people like Chris G, KaneBlueRiver, Justin and F Champ already played other games but I never saw them trying this out.

For one the game just isn’t Hollywood enough and those players want to be really really good at whatever they play. Hence playing something else that is not as popular just spreading themselves thin.

Fair enough. In the end I couldn’t expect this game to be mainstream anyway. The one willing to walk the anime path must also be willing to walk in the poverty path.

Punk was showing some solid play. Hope he sticks with it

The grand finals were dope. It was basically team neutral + big damage x team agression + sick setups.

Multi hitting moves are so good for cross combos since it can lockdown into character switch for some confusing mixups.

That’s why I feel yukiko might have some unfounded synergy to help bump her up the tier list a little lol

Kazunoko is streaming right now. Gordeau’s cross combo synergy is too good

People need to find cool setups with carmines super.

I know he won’t be able to do this in this game but check out the set up at :45

does any one of you know of a place where you can check out the framedata?

You can try the official discord group. Most characters have their frame data pinned on their channels

Man, pressure in this game will be scary AF when people start grinding things like this:

The craziest thing about cross combos is that the assist character can’t get hit til they actually start an attack. There is some messed up pressure that mechanic. Looks too fun to experiment with

as long as pushblock/burst remain the way they do things like this will only really be scary if you’re caught without a full cross gauge.

Or you blow this up with an invincible super behind an assist that makes it safe. That’s the shit that won CEO, the real smart stuff.

ok so I started playing BBTAG and I’m wondering if I f’d myself with the team choice. I haven’t looked at every character yet but for now my team is Ruby and Chie. but especially Chie feels very flawed with her short range normals and both characters have reversals that aren’t very good I feel. you think this team is viable? I guess I should at least switch out Chie. having a lot of problems online but I don’t know if it’s the team or just me being not that familiar with anime fighters.

Ruby seems pretty solid overall. Her normals are obscenely good and her supers frequently seem unfair. Chie has some potential but i did find her stubby attacks to be a huge detriment. If you prefer an in-close fighter, I’d look at Yang or Ragna. I prefer Ragna as his range is a bit better and he’s pretty good at healing himself through combos. Yang’s damage is insane, especially when her install kicks in, and her projectile can really annoy your opponent. Her B has armor on it!

Definitely think you can make that team work. Ruby can make good use of the cross combo mechanic to get chie in for some mixups.

Ruby is pretty much a team by herself. Anyone with her is a bonus lol. Chie definitely has issues with stubby normals, but she can still work. Play Ruby/Yang for true scumbaggery

Yeah Ruby is a 1-girl army. Can’t really think of any particular weaknesses she has. All of her normals are massive and can jump cancel everything on block, best anti-air normal in the game and god level high low mixups. Perfect character to learn the game with since she’s so easy to use. You’d have to put time into training mode to see if they have any true synergy, but wouldn’t be surprised if they do.

I would say that, unless you really like Chie, just pick Yang instead. Yang just does everything Chie do, but better, and have more neutral tools, a free power up once she gets low health and a fullscreen punish. Heck, even Makoto is better than Chie.