Bedside locker - Arcade style setup?

Ok, so this idea popped into my head recently. Please bare with me, as outlandish it as it may seem :wow:

I have one of these things in my room (the identical same one in this picture), not going to much use

http://www.davidphillips.co.uk/images/T/c-1147-1.jpg

My arcade stick, when not being used is stored on top. Then it hit me, what if I could somehow turn this locker into a sit down style arcade control, or something similar

Like put the buttons and stick on the top, the small compartment underneath could house wiring. The only thing I can see is that the panel wood at the top where the parts would go is quite thick. I don’t know if this would matter but would again like some feedback or ideas

This is going to be used when playing on GGPO or at home etc. Also it would still double as my storage unit :stuck_out_tongue: I have a Hori EX2 not being used atmo all wired up (6 sanwa obsf 30 and jlf)for PS1, I have adapters so it’s fine. Wiring is taken care of

Could even do a custom paint job and add art to the top :stuck_out_tongue:

Any help or opinions are welcome

It could work. I’d put locking casters on it though.

Why you’re here asking people about it and not actually posting a worklog on how you did it I have no idea.

If it’s sit down style, where will your legs go while playing. Or are you intending to remove the door?

Try it out my dude but sitting in front of it might be annoying unless you remove the door thing. Post some pics when done.

open your legs

Haha…true true I just find that annoying after awhile.

Get a bigger piece of board and secure it on top so that it extends out the front and you’ll have space for your legs.