"Beg For Your Life You Inferior Race" Super Skrull thread 2.0

Ok I’ll see what I can do.

Apparently Skrull’s s.B has some weird properties…

Grab invincibility or something? Perhaps useful when dealing with She-Hulk.

I think he timed the grab a little too each time.

That’s fine, I’d like to get credited though.

I’ll be attending Dromstruction for MvC3 singles and Teams. So hopefully I’ll have some footage of me playing so I can post to the video thread.

[media=youtube]L1tpWDR9g4M[/media]

In the interest of having the UMvC3 character threads be as awesome as possible, I am posting here to offer up my current Ultimate Dormammu Thread as a base skeleton to anyone who intends to manage a character thread, or something similar, in Ultimate. It is currently stripped of information, and will remain so until about a week before release. I am not attempting to toot my own horn, but rather offer to others what took me quite a bit of work to do, so that those who would rather not spend the time on such things do not have to.

I have received a lot of compliments to-date about the structure, and a few people have requested permission to use its structure for UMvC3, so I thought I would go around and make the offer to others who might not be aware that someone out there has already done the grunt work for them (haha). Because I am posting this in all the character forums, and this is time consuming on its own, I have not taken the time to check for how developed the thread I am posting on current is. Thus, I ask that no one be offended at my suggestion if your character forum is well constituted already - I mean no intrusion upon your methodologies!

Here is a link to the thread blueprint:

You can get an example of what it looks like when filled out here:

You are of course entirely welcome to change whatever you like if you want to incorporate this structure into your own thread. I have all of my posts saved as Word documents on my computer. If you would like these documents instead of having to copy/paste from the main threads, please feel free to PM me your email address, along with the character thread they will be used for, and I will gladly send them.

Highest Regards to All,
Karst

I don’t even use crouching normals with Skrull. Why should I when I can just start combos with low-hitting st.L? But I generally cancel st.M after the first hit so I don’t mess up scaling too much. And I almost never use st.H.

A certain someone might get their hands on a certain game a little early than usual so uhh… be on the lookout for a certain youtube channel with some Skrull combos that are impossible in Vanilla…

Oh hey guys, I will be at Ultimate NorCal vs. Capcom 2 tomorrow, and if they let me use my pad, I can show off some new material for Skrull.

UPDATE: I can bring my pad with me, so expect me playing at my best potential.

Get in there and elastic slam Honzo, he’s such a Skrull doubter :stuck_out_tongue:

So hello, Im curious how do y’all feel bout ultimate skrull? He doesn’t seem to have gotten much, but he doesn’t seem to have needed much to begin with. With that said, I can’t really think of too many applications for his airborne meteor smash other than getting out of sticky situations. Also hopefully the armor buff on his twirly move gives him a more worthwhile assist cause thats one of the things I think he was kinda lacking.

Also, tomorrow I should be getting my copy of a certain game that comes out the same day as Saint’s Row.

I’ll get the capture card out.

Skrull got nothing but buffs. The big one, of course, is air Meteor Smash. I can see this opening up entirely new combo and reset techniques in the hands of the creative. I also really like Death Penalty auto-tracking.

Ah yes forgot bout the death penalty auto-tracking, never understood why they gave characters hypers you had to aim. With someone like taskmaster is makes sense, but with skrull and storm shit just doesn’t make any sense, makes shit more difficult than it should be. Quick question, skrulls third hyper, doesn’t it have invulnerability? The steerable one.

Hi_Im_Nasty ding pretty good with Skrull right now, playing Ultimate on Stream. His Air Meteor smash is really good, and Air X-Factor is all + for Skrull of course.

Fought hard against F.Champ, pulled it out.

Damn, didn’t even realize it was him until the very end of the tourney, good shit bro.

NASTY. You have made me so proud as a Skrull player. Takin down Champ like that. Maaaaan, I was hype as hell. Keep up the killer Skrull man. I love watchin that shit.

NASTY congrats man, that was one of the most hype endings with one of the most tricky entrances. Torch > AIR X factor > meteor smash = dead phoenix.
Awesome technology. As a Dorm and Skrull user I really enjoyed that grand finals. Ultimate will help both of those characters so much. I cannot wait till tuesday.

Thanks you guys. I’m happy to put Skrull on the map for us all. I have to say Skrull is indeed a LOT better in Ultimate. Orbital Grudge is one of my favorite moves now since it floats people higher.

Nasty, can you talk more about the changes? Will all of our Skull bnbs still work, or does various hit stun decay force us to learn new tricks. Is the faster armor noticeable on Orbital Grudge? Can you talk about the advatages of orbital grudge floating people higher, does it have viable combo potential now? Could it be a potential poor man’s akuma’s tatsu (assist)? Is the extra stagger after the level 3 something that made the final cut or was that just a rumor.