Beginner Resources

It is worth mentioning that low launchers are usually extremely slow and easy to spot (Lili, Bryan).

UNLESS you’re playing online, where people will spam them because you can’t react.

It’s so simple on paper, but getting rid of conditioned habits can be pretty annoying. o_O

Nothing practice can’t fix, I guess.

True. It’s been a bit since I played Tekken super-serious, so it’ll be somewhat challenging to remember that down-back actually isn’t the best idea. Block high, react to the lows.

May have to take the throw-break training seriously again too. :sweat:

#1: For the love of God don’t mash moves like you think you’re playing Ken.
#2: Don’t jump.
#3: Go to practice mode and stay there for at least 4 hours instead of going straight to online and picking hwoarang/eddy/christie/law/bob and resorting to #1.
#4: Don’t fill my inbox with profanity and petty insult ridden messages when I destroy you.

No but you’ll get them when you say shit like “Kthnx”

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

People coming from SCV shouldn’t find the transition to this game that bad, they obviously share a lot of fundamentals since they’re both 3D fighters.

Any consensus on pad vs stick?

Use the claw hold if you play on pad.

That looks painful. I’m thinking about getting a six button face pad, or just using my TE. Just nice being able to run up a game for once without hauling out the gear.

This is the only pic I could find. It’s fine on a DualShock.
I just got the game and I have some more important golden rules to add. I’ll post them in a few days.

That looks stupid. I play on pad on a normal grip and have no problems.

Can you do 2+3, and 1+4 and any button combination without resorting to shoulder button shortcuts?

Actually yes, but pressing 1+2 and 3+4 can be a bit diffilcult, but then again I don’t have a problem with shortcuts, and fuck all ya’ll who do.

I play on a stick but when I have to use a pad I can only play using the “claw hold”

Tataki, I’m going to sticky this with some minor modifications to the title, okay?

I just busted out my stick and it…

Feels so good.

I tried pad but honestly don’t understand how it’s the controller of choice for Korea.

I use a hitbox and I also use shortcuts on 3 of the buttons (don’t need two tag buttons) so I can cheese out a RDC.

Don’t be discouraged if you need to re-map your shoulder buttons; I’ve been playing for years yet I can still only pull off a *true *EWGF 20% of the time :\