Best controller for 360 sf3 third strike

everything-else-for-xbox-live

hi all having MAJOR problems with my akuma play on sf3, at first I thought it was cause my skills still had something to be desired ( aka sucked majorly) but after a while I noticed my inputs are very sluggish.

I am using a madcat sf4 controller for sf3, and thought that would suffice but it just does not seem to respond the way I want it too and more often or not I keep doing the same reliable moves to compensate ( i.e. low kick to hope I connect then TRY to low tatsu into HP then into w/e meaty move I want…) I was thinking arcade stick but that would take me A LONG time to adjust too ( never used arcade stick) .

the madcat controller is VERY good for sf4, but it doesnt seem to hold up well on sf3 ( i.e. on default settting when I want to input shun goku satsu the HP at the end is VERY hard to connect ( can;t do the roundhouse into sgs trial cause I’m too slow)

are there any controllers I should use that uses a d-pad for this game or … should I consider going back to the drawing board and start getting used to a arcade stick?

Get a stick. I love my Madcatz SF4 TE Round 2. Use the stickies before making a new thread.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

wow those things are expensive… is that the only good option ya think, if so gonna have to really save up…

My gf is a beginner so I got her a hori VX. It’s a solid stick.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

What ever you’re most comfortable with is the best controller.

madcat controller is quite sluggish was gonna get the tekken 6 one but it’s wireless which means delay apparently…

is the street fighter 4 one the only workable option? price range would be £33-£60 I guess… anything cheaper and reliable would be awesome

You’re welcome to do some research and read some reviews. If you need any more information use a sticky thread, that’s why we have them.

My bad I thought this post was in Newbie Saikyo Dojo. Head over to that forum and check out those stickies, you will get the most help there.

i think

there is a sf4 offical fight stick for $39.00 at gamestop. its white colored.

I’m using the 360’s rotating d-pad controller.

Also, you don’t need a stick at all.