Best Fighting Games on the VC

I have Tatsunoko vs Capcom, and the MadCatz stick.

I’ve not really got much into TvC yet (play SSFIV mostly).

Although I would like to get more out of my MadCatz Wii stick, so I’m just wondering what in your experiences are the best fighting games on the Virtual Console (so far).

I already have SFII (vanilla) and SFAlpha 2 (both on snes), and both are quite sluggish feeling ports compared to there arcade versions (although Alpha 2 was shoe horned onto Snes I believe, and SFII was Capcoms first attempt at SNES’ing one of there beat em ups as far as I know).

Is there a good version of Super Turbo on VC?
Please list away any good games, thanks in advance.

There is no Super Turbo on VC. The only other fighting game I can think of on VC is KOF and maybe Sam Sho?

Ah jeez, so there isn’t. I just double checked.

I would’ve thought nearly 4 years after the Wii release it’d be out by now.

I have KOF and Sam Sho on SNK Classics Vol 1 on Wii (cool little variety disc if you can find it).

Ah well, I guess I’ll just hold out on making any fighting game VC purchases till some more love gets shown there way.

You wanna use your TvC sticks on your other cnsoles without modding?

How easy is that? …is there a converter or something.

I presumed the only way to do so (with a TvC stick) would’ve been via me getting a solder and looking to try dual mod it, but I’m not looking into that sort of thing at the time being.

ST most likely won’t come to VC because none of the systems that get releases for it got a port of the game in the first place.

Aside from Capcom’s SF2 ports, I think there’s Eternal Champions, a 2D version of Virtua Fighter 2 on Genesis and Clay Fighter? Clay Fighter hasn’t aged well, though, and Eternal Champions was way better on Sega CD. Oh, and SF1 for Turbografx, if you’re a masochist. I don’t think any of the Wii neo collections have stuff like Fatal Fury Special or Ninja Combat, either. Perhaps you may want to branch out into shooters on the Wii? There’s a lot of great ones on VC.

ST most likely won’t come to VC because none of the systems that get releases for it got a port of the game in the first place.

Aside from Capcom’s SF2 ports, I think there’s Eternal Champions, a 2D version of Virtua Fighter 2 on Genesis and Clay Fighter? Clay Fighter hasn’t aged well, though, and Eternal Champions was way better on Sega CD. Oh, and SF1 for Turbografx, if you’re a masochist. I don’t think any of the Wii neo collections have stuff like Fatal Fury Special or Ninja Combat, either. Perhaps you may want to branch out into shooters on the Wii? There’s a lot of great ones on VC.

Was there not a Super Turbo on SNES?

My bad there then. Technically there is an arcade system on the VC (I think it has a few 80’s games on there, Space Harrier and some others) so it could be released on the Virtual Console arcade I guess, although I guess that’s a long shot.

Do feel free to recommend me some great shooters though, I could get some cool throwback enjoyment from using my stick on those, plus there are no doubt many great shmups I’ve never played too, so double win :tup:.

samurai shodown II & fatal fury special best VC titles

I thought I saw ST on there for Amiga or something. Could of just been Vanilla SSF2.

Try playing Smash 64 on it, lool. I know I did for the lolz. Surprisingly though, I can still z cancel as easy as I can with my gc remote xP.

Hey if you want to get more use out of it you can get a wii to PC adapter like I did, works wonderful, plug in play. There are fighting games for the PC among other types of games of course. :tup:

Its an idea.

http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Classic-Controller-PC-USB-Adapter/dp/B003711698/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1302069082&sr=8-1-spell

If your at all thinking about modding ur stick, its not too difficult. I made this one for a friend of mine. http://shoryuken.com/f177/check-out-my-new-arcade-stick-thread-part-deux-201537/index713.html#post10562807

As for games don’t forget there is Guilty Gear on the Wii. Shooters, I’d recommend 1942, gradius, and r-type. Don’t forget about your beat’em ups: River City Ransom, Streets of Rage, Final Fight, Double Dragon, etc.

ssf 2 the new challengers, sf 2 turbo, or sf alpha 2, or somethng

ssf2 on vc for sega has online the wii I have is soft mod. softmod and get it as a wad and you good to go