Best Ultimate Tech Talk Hang Out Loud Edition season VI, it still burns

On unrelated news, I just modded an original NES Zapper to work with NES Zapper games that has a LCDMOD patch applied to it. I got my Zapper to work with my LCD HDTV.

It’s only really working due to the simplistic nature of the NES Zapper.
I did’t take pics but here a articles on the subject

http://retrorgb.com/neslcdmod-beta.html

Had to check my profile and some random posts to figure out how long I’ve been around here. 9 years and change is my best guess. Had to figure out how to get a Happ stick after SFIV dropped. DIdn’t have a clue what Happ/iL even meant. Since then I’ve painted and mirror polished a few cases, put together a few wireless dual mod sticks (thanks Gummo), learned to solder SMD parts, spent waaaaaay more on a custom stainless steel case than I’ll tell my wife (thanks to 'Tech), went to Otakon ('sup darksakul!), linked up with a template savant and shipped a project to the Philippines (d3v, you’re my guy until I get too old to play anymore) and have more Rowlf swag than I imagined (thanks to jdm’s randomly researched SS gift and Kyle running with it for a few consecutive years). Shrimp chips, Dremel pillows and anime figurines. Wouldn’t trade any of it (or any of you all) for the world.

We need to get into the steering wheel meta.

that’s pretty wild that he can play that character at that high a competitive level with a arcade wheel.

So a couple of things have popped off recently. A friend I know who lives in the greater Chicagoland area scored a NeoGeo Candy Cab, and he plans on restoring it. Of course, I’m extremely jealous of said friend.

Secondly, I’m waiting on a couple of things to come in so I can quickly plan my trip to Combo Breaker next year, provided they have the tournament of course. The plan is once dates are announced (I’m hoping later this month) to book my flight out of Dallas along with probably staying within close proximity of the host hotel. If the money is there, I can do all of this at the same time. However, I am not sure if Mrs. Mike will be coming with me to the event yet. i’m being allowed one solo trip next year to any gaming event that I want (within reason of course). So if the dates do get announced soon, I have to move quickly and get everything done.

Oh, and someone local to my wife’s place is selling a original Bad Dudes cabinet for $450. I’m really tempted to get it.