Best way to fill in button holes on Tekken 5 stick?

I’m finished painting my custom Tekken 5 stick, and one of the changes I’ve made is that I will only be using 6 face buttons instead of 8. I have printed custom artwork and bought some Lexan to put over it.

-Do I need to put something in the empty button holes that won’t be used? I know the Lexan will be covering them, but I’m not sure how sturdy those spots will be.

-Since I am installing a Seimitsu LS-32-01 stick and I have drilled holes in the metal to mount the stick, is there any way to screw the stick into the metal plate without its screws penetrating the artwork and Lexan?

Thanks!

well, the do sell button hole plugs, but that might not be what you are looking for.

id like to know too,
but id keep the 8 buttons ;p

If it’s permanent, Bondo. :smiley:

Get a can that has the metal mesh, stick it over the bottom of the hole, smooth it over the top with a putty knife, sand smooth in 45 mins - 1 hour.

If you put lexan over the holes there won’t be any problem.

Button hole plugs won’t do. Bondo, huh? A single can of that will do? ANy idea how much it costs? :slight_smile:

If you got the lexan and art over, don’t worry about it. It’s not like your going to constantly pound those 2 spots. I have a similar setup and it’s ifne.

Oh yes, a single can will do just fine. Runs $5-7 in an auto parts store.

bondo is a great name :smiley:

Thanks for the advice, everyone. Since most people think the Lexan is good enough, I’ll pass on pilling in the holes. The can of Bondo would be $9 at my AutoZone and I just spent $19 on a new holesaw bit and plastic cutting tool, so I’m getting broke!

Can anyone answer this?

-Since I am installing a Seimitsu LS-32-01 stick and I have drilled holes in the metal to mount the stick, is there any way to screw the stick into the metal plate without its screws penetrating the artwork and Lexan?

Yes there is. I’ve done it myself.

Care to elaborate please?

wasn’t there a guide somewhere for a T5 stick and installing an LS-32? If i can recall correctly he didnt even need to drill thru the top metal plate.

The guide you mention

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=109890

involved high-temperature desoldering the old mounting plate and installing a new mounting plate. Can’t do it that way! I’m sure several others have installed Seimitsus in an easier way, so hopefully someone comes to my aid.

No not that guide…

this one:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=132472

it was under the Essential joysticks STICKY up top, did you even bother to check that out?

That’s funny, I didn’t see any Tekken 5 stick mods under the Essential thread… But I guess you’re right that the concept is the same. Thanks for mentioning it.