Bison (dictator) Thread

Whiff punish Gief’s lariat with a sweep. If this is proving too risky for you, you can also try to react to which lariat they are doing and just walk up st.MK or st.HK to either punish, push them away, or counterpoke their follow up poke. Use st.HP as an anti-air, it works extremely well against Gief’s jump attacks.

Learn to use your normals or make risky jump forward attempts. Dictator is not a character where his special moves will save you. You need a lot of knowledge and experience in knowing where and when to use his normal and command normal attacks. It’s part of what makes his design extremely unique and interesting.

slide

As Eugene and others have mentioned, slide is your best punish for constant lariat. You have to be a little careful as good Zangief players will use the fast lariat as well, which can have you careening into a blocking gief, ready for the SPD.

You’ll want to keep him at your MK and HK ranges as with the tip of these moves Zangief cannot sweep you. There are a few ways you can play this one, so study Yuuvega, Taira, and also Murasaki for 3 different takes on the same match. For me personally, using scissors or psycho crusher in this match is not recommended. Gief has options to stop scissors and can get you into SPD if you time it poorly, so you need to be patient and careful.

Learn the spacing for your attacks and hold him down with your standing kicks, stopping jump in attempts with either Neutral HK, Standing HP, or sometimes Jump Strong depending on the jump angle.

Make gief fear your standing roundhouse or mk and you can implement consistent walkup throws to your game.

Dude in Singapore picked Akuma and still beat him Lmao
replay:challenge-3301-1466006401.68@ssf2xj

If you select Bison with any button, the colours are different:
Low Punch: Blue - Yellow
Low Kick: Light Blue - Red
Medium Punch: Green - Orange
Medium Kick: Brown - Black
High Punch: White - Red
High Kick: Purple - Aqua
Start: Black - White
Hold: Gold

The full color list can be found for each character on the ST SRK Wiki.

**Walk Super.
Years ago people argued its execution speed; my experience was to execute it quickly with careful neutral joystick movements.

How effective is this in ST? Walk up super setups that look similar to this have been known for some time.

Hi eltrouble,

Agreed, I saw it a decade ago, and you can do it with DeeJay, Honda, Blanka, Boxer, Chun, though a little differently in each case. The closest to dictator’s is DeeJay’s. I didn’t see any tutorials online so I made this clip.

As far as effectiveness, in the right situation, i.e, the corner, you could feign a tick throw with 2 jabs and do it, or whiff some crouching short/medium kicks and walk forward and do it. In Japanese tournaments I see it pop up occasionally, with the tick throw setup, and I’ve seen a few videos in which Rizone, the American player, does it.

I mean, it’s an effective trick for sure, but I wasn’t entirely sure if there were input window differences between ST and HDR for that move.

Outside of Chun and Honda’s glitched supers, I think Dictator benefits the most from it, since his fast walk speed makes it appear as if he’s going in for a tick throw a split second before he activates.

It catches people off guard.

Sirlin says the input windows are the same, but I haven’t tried it on ST proper (maybe you can test it?).

The charge time and motion are the same except that it’s not a fluid movement from back to forward as you normally would do.

On a stick, it needs to spring back to neutral between each movement. On a pad (what I used), press each direction as a separate input, i.e, take your thumb off the pad and let it to go to neutral, then press the next direction.

It has to be done very quickly. If you watch the video, you can see the exact moments I’m pressing the directions as Dictator looks like he’s having a small seizure.

I’ve been able to pull off the walk-in supers consistently. It also works the same way in HDR.
Dictator is extremely fun to use.

To reiterate on the full death combo (Touch of death?)
It also works against Guile, Chun?, Zangeif, Hawk, Sagat and possibly a couple others.

It is random doing it on Chun. I always found her xenophobic executing moves on her. It’s like you need a vip pass to grant access.
In most cases it is easier to do MK cross up on the rest of characters.

New to st. Playing against o,ken and he keeps using tatsu and im sitting down back. It keeps going over me of course but every button i pres to punish it misses. Can someone tell me how to punish tatsu ?

Which character are you playing as?

dictator when i posted this question. I figured one way to deal with it is to wait for it to go past me and punish with cr.mp. But when its coming towards me on the ground im not sure what to press. I also am learning to play o.fei long and deejay.

That’s a good punish. Same concept can be applied when he’s doing tatsu up front and he’s about to land in front of you.

Another tricky punish is to stand up and block when he’s close to you, then quickly duck, and then use a standing attack to counter it. This helps you stay close, and the blocking/ducking thing helps to make sure you’re not about to be kicked in the face when you go for the punish. If he does it randomly pretty far away and you can anticipate or react to it, neutral jump HK or jump forward MP juggle for max damage is ideal.

It all just depends on the spacing between you two to figure out the punish. A lot of it comes with practice, trial and error, since you sort of need to develop the muscle memory to decide which punish to go for.

Cross post:

Some old dictator (not super version of dictator) tactics in HSF2. Guess most of it can be applied to ST as well:

fightcade://challenge-4052-1427184209.90@hsf2

Hello guys…i am from singapore here and i need to ask a few questions. After knocking chun li and claw down…what are the best crossup combos to dizzy them? It is not easy to cross them up with roundhouse or medium kick , doing two close standing light kicks,down medum kick into fierce pyscho crusher combo? Are there any other alternatives? Also…which button is good to crossup them with? Crossup jump roundhouse or crossup jump medium kick? I have problems doing the above combo on blanka too… it is like those 3 characters are so skinny to combo? I have problems doing it on Old and new Gat as well…so some legit advice would be apprieciated…

some crossups here:

fightcade://challenge-4052-1427184209.90@hsf2