Blanka Counters ANd Help Against dhalsim

blanka

Okay SO First of all I heard that dhalsims blankas counter?? I am Very good with blanka so dhalsim does long arms and fire balls i need to get close to him to do damage. Any tips on that also the only way i can get close to him is to do a Cannonball in the Begining of the game. Also Who is Dhalsims Counter. THX

First of all, please post matchup related questions in the match up thread.

But to answer your question, lp blanka ball beats or trades with basically alll of dhalsim’s lims. It will make the player hesitate about throwing out moves, allowing you to walk your self in. If Dhalsim starts throwing fireballs from full screen, dash forward into slide will stop him from doing that. A key in this match is to build up ultra 2 and sitting on it. Sim cant do anything when you have a down back charge. up ball beats jump, lp ball beats lims, ultra 2 beats fireball.

A counter pick for dhalsim is rufus or abel. I honestly dont think the match with blanka is that bad though.

K thx

By Lp Ball You Mean Back Stepp Roll right. The F’in Sim i play is a fin turtuler i get him in the corner and he just turteles it out. i jump to do L2 2 leg kick the he throws his arms down and he turtles in the corner.

By Lp Ball You Mean Back Stepp Roll right. The F’in Sim i play is a fin turtuler i get him in the corner and he just turteles it out. i jump to do L2 2 leg kick the he throws his arms down it hits me then he turtles in the corner.

LP ball as in LP regular ball

I play blank and got owned by by a Dalsim today, It hurt LOL tellporting every where, Kept making him land on the Sparks,But he kept getting me with long arms across the screen, Thanks for the heads up on trying LP Balls and sliding under the fire, just seems when i would get close he was back on the other side of the map teleporting galore !!

Yah same thing monster said happens to me when i get close he usally turtles it out

this is an extremely hard match up. blanka’s sharp jumping angle makes it very hard to close the distance on dhalsim. In addition, all the balls are punishable on block OR hit, so you can forget this move. but essentially blanka is limited to only his normals (and electricity, if you can get close enough to use it) versus dhalsim’s normals, and we all know how that turns out. even the slide is dangerous and should not be abused. the only hope i can think of is if the blanka player can focus absorb/counter dhalsim’s pokes. get the life lead and try to turtle.

if any blanka players can beat dhalsims consistently, please post some videos for the rest of us to watch.