Blazblue Cross Tag Battle Official Discussion

Yeah, that’s what I thought, until the added that Ruby chick and made it a 4 franchise crossover.

We’re getting a roster bigger than MvC2 at this point. You can’t have 4 franchises crossing over with less than 10 characters from each or you leave too many people out.

Just think about it, how many Blazblue characters are very important to the plot and iconic enough to get in? I can’t cut it to less than 10.

You still have to consider the RWBY side needs completely new work done AND it would have to match up to the other franchise’ character size, if they need it to.

Uniel has reverse beats, a hop button (which you can psuedo airdash with), and Shield which is like barrier blocking but reduces blockstun.

I don’t expect Uniel system mechanics to be ported over unless they do Grooves

I thought you were talking about MvCI until you said “highly anticipated”

Jesus are we sharing a brain?

I turned to my homeys after the reveal, and said if these two characters are in, I’m rushing down EB Games day -200 for this game.

I hope we get Guilty Gear characters anyway. I feel like someone out there might have the hands to play a Carl Clover/Zato-1 team.

Best girls shall always be best girls.

looks half baked and the full roster can only be underwhelming. might as well MUGEN. that mish mash fighting game is too try hard, and not a decent combination.
what a waste of money and resources. this just bloats the genre of upcoming fighting games in bad ways.

Like at least be original or make a pure sequel of something, instead of just stuffing them in a blender for a cash grab

They should focus on making a fun and functional game first. The balance can come later.

You’re not getting Guilty Gear characters. There was an interview where they asked about a vs series a while back and they said it wasn’t in the pipeline…obviously because this was in the works.

Also…XRD isn’t very anime compared to the other games I feel like the characters don’t mesh well with what BB is doing. I want Rev to continue to be it’s own thing

Let’s be honest here, they’re just saving the idea of GGxBB in Rev’s engine as a precursor to Blazblue’s sequel. They’re just too busy with DBFZ now.

I mean, Cross Tag does look like a last hurrah to ASW 2D depending on how you look at it. Everyone and their mother (including the fetus) in a massive tag battle?

Don’t get me wrong, maybe they’ll do another 2D game, but people have been asking for BB to get the Xrd treatment for a while now, and when Namco asks for it in a DBZ game, you know it’s good and popular.

According to someone on a fb group that i am part of, the highlighted part of this interview says that GG characters will be also in the game

We need someone who knows japanese to confirm it.

It definitely says guilty gear in katakana. But why won’t they show the guilty gear characters in the trailer, are they updating the sprites or something?

If they include someone from Guilty Gear it will be one, two characters tops. BlazBlue, Persona and UNIB sprites are 720p and Guilty Gear ones are 420p, so they wouldn’t be able to just dump them in the game as they are, they would have to remake them from the ground up. They will have to make the RWBY characters already, and with them doing DBFZ and most likely also working on future DLC for Xrd I don’t see them doing a lot of spritework for this, they chose to do a crossover because they can re-use a lot of assets.

My bet is that they won’t have GG characters, and if they do it will be a single guest.

Some potential RWBY characters

Team RWBY will definitely make it as they’re the main team

So whom would you guys consider the more or less guaranteed picks for the game?

From BlazBlue it’s obviously the Ragna-Jin-Noel trifecta, two of those are in
From RWBY it’s obviously all the 4 main girls
From Persona 4 Arena it’s at least Yu since he’s the protagonist
From UNIEL it’s easy to pick up 10 characters since it’s a half of the roster

But who else?

Who are the most important characters to BlazBlue and Persona 4?
assuming the roster for the game caps out at ~40 (10 from each franchise)

Oh shit, Yang X Akihiko: Team Punch Faces as Hard as Possible

You have to remember the cast of Persona 3 was also in the Arena games. Aigis is the most important character P3 cast after the events of that game.

I can already hear the prepwork being done for multiple varieties of team “Do Not Fist Android Girls.”