Calling all rising stars in the fighting game community – Want to win a trip to the Los Angeles area to play against some of the FGC’s best players? Body Count Fighting is hosting four online fighting game tournaments in December 2017, offering winners of their respective games a feature match at a BCF live event in 2018.
Dates for the tournaments are as follows:
Monday, 12/11 @ 4:00PM PST - Injustice 2 Online Tournament
Tuesday, 12/12 @ 4:00PM PST - Tekken 7 Online Tournament
Monday, 12/18 @ 4:00PM PST - Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Online Tournament
Tuesday, 12/19 @ 4:00PM PST - Street Fighter V Online Tournament
Body Count Fighting is working with Brachyon to organize each tournament bracket. If you’re interested in competing, be sure to sign up using our Brachyon link: https://www.brachyon.com/event/body-count-fighting-2017-online-tournaments/ (spots are limited so be sure to sign up ASAP!)
Each tournament will be double-elimination.
All four tournaments will be streamed in their entirety on the Body Count Fighting Twitch channel at http://twitch.tv/bcfighting, as well as Machinima’s recently launched 24/7 AlwaysOn channel, http://twitch.tv/machinima.
Replays of all matches will be found on the Body Count Fighting YouTube channel at http://youtube.com/bcfighting.
For more information on how the tournament will be organized, including the official Discord server information and tournament organizer info, please read our rules here:
Server URL: https://discord.gg/AjvpK5H
Channel Info: Channels exist for each game, please be in your respective game channel for check in ONE HOUR PRIOR TO THE 4:00PM PST START TIME.
• Double Elimination.
• Regular Matches are Best 2 of 3.
• All Finals are Best 3 of 5.
• Loser has the option to change character. If the Winner chose Random Select, they must choose Random Select again.
• All Top 8 will be on stream with various matches streamed from winner’s side leading up to Top 8.
• Ping Tests can be performed upon request of a competitor and will be discussed with the Tournament Organizer (TO).
• Training Stage Banned on stream, Beach and Airplane stage must be agreed upon prior to the start of the match.
Player ID/Check In Rules
• CFN ID, Discord nickname, and Brachyon username MUST all be the same.
• All names being the same is crucial for both finding your opponent and clarity for the TO. Please respect everybody’s time and make yourself easy to find. Keep in mind, to ping someone in Discord you only need to type “@” followed by the first few letters of their name and hit TAB to autocomplete.
• You must be able to join the stream lobby upon request of the TO.
• You must Check In on Discord and be available prior to the start time of the tournament (4:00PM PST for all tournaments). Check-In takes place 1 hour before the tournament begins. Signing up is not the same as Checking In.
• DO NOT compete in Round 1 until the tournament has officially begun. Brackets will be reorganized by Brachyon prior to the start of the tournament to account for competitors who have not checked in.
• For more info, contact the admins via firstname.lastname@example.org or in our Discord.
Internet Speed/Bandwidth Rules
• Players must have an upload speed above 3 Mbps. Speeds can be checked here: http://speedof.me/
• Players must have a ping below 50 ms and a jitter lower than 8 ms when connected to the server at Atlanta, GA. Ping can be tested here: http://www.pingtest.net
• If players cannot settle match disputes over lag or otherwise, TO’s will intervene and resolve the match with a coin flip.
• Players are prohibited from using macros, turbos, or any peripheral which tampers with standard game functionality. No bots.
• The tournament is only available to players in the United States.
• ANY EVIDENCE OF PLAYER COLLUSION WILL RESULT IN A PERMANENT BAN FROM ALL FUTURE TOURNAMENTS