Bought a Laser-Cutter! Want to Cut Arcade & Stick Items - Need Recommendations & Designs

Good Day Everybody, <div><br></div><div>I recently bought a Hobby Laser Cutter. It has a cutting area of 20" x 12". </div><div><br></div><div> I am interested in getting your thoughts on the coolest items to make, and baddest designs to engrave into stick panels etc. </div><div><br></div><div> I am interested in everything from custom engraved dust washers, to full laser cut fight stick boxes.

I would really appreciate any of your ideas. I would also love to be pointed in the direction of some awesome art to cut and engrave into arcade/fight stick items. </div><div><br></div><div> Thanks for your thoughts!</div>

dork alert! move to tech talk!<br><br>make me a stick where rayu is throwing a dildo hadougen<br>

I am not sure that dildo hadoukens fit the cool/tough/sexy vibe I was going for :wink:

Anybody?  Bueller?

<blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/72761/IdolCrasher">IdolCrasher</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>I am not sure that dildo hadoukens fit the cool/tough/sexy vibe I was going for ;)</div>
</blockquote>

It may not be the vibe YOU were going for, but I’m sure someone will find it sexy.<br><br>That’s a lot of cash to drop before you solicit ideas.<br>

I have lots of plans for my new laser. I hope that custom arcade items can be part of those plans too :slight_smile:

You’ll probably get requests for custom metal panels if your cutter can do metal.

Can’t cut metal. Acrylic, wood, foam, vinyl and similar, yes.

In that case, custom plexi covers.  Having a custom arcade cabinet, I’d use some custom cut panel covers and such, but your size limit is too small for my purposes.

Maybe you can cut a replacement panel for the Hori SCV out of plexi. Can’t get a reply from Art :frowning:

What about custom stick gates with variable gate sizes to increase/decrease throw?

<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/15806/Moonchilde">Moonchilde</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>What about custom stick gates with variable gate sizes to increase/decrease throw?</div>
</blockquote>

The swappable part of the gate has features that you won’t be able to do on a laser cutter (the cut outs below the “pegs” that hold it onto the rest of the gate).  But the entire assembly might be doable.  In other words, you may be able to make <a href=“http://www.focusattack.com/sanwa-gt-y-octagonal-restrictor-gate/”>this</a> as one solid piece but you’re unlikely to be able to make just the yellow part.<br>

That’s what I mean. I actually don’t play on JLF, I play on a Seimitsu LS-40 and a Seimitsu LS-56. They both have solid 1 piece gates, so in the case of Seimitsu sticks, this should be possible. It’s just an idea. I’m not really sure how much demand would be there for it, especially since it’s fairly easy to mod the actuator, however if you’d prefer stock actuator then swapping in an alternative gate should be a betters solution.

<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/72761/IdolCrasher">IdolCrasher</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>Can’t cut metal. Acrylic, wood, foam, vinyl and similar, yes.</div>
</blockquote>

Maybe some examples of how well those materials get lasered up?