BradyGames MvC3 Guide: Feedback Thread

Now that everybody’s finally got a chance to get their hands on the guide, I’d like to get some feedback going:

What do you dislike about the guide?
What are your favorite parts of the guide?
What would you liked to have seen that wasn’t included?
Do you think we used our 400 pages wisely?
What are your thoughts in general?

It’s very thorough…you guys went all out on this book.
I would suggest it to anyone who wants to get into this game SERIOUSLY.

;-; I haven’t

Can I win one somehow? o:

Thoughts in general; The book is extremely comprehensive and by far one of the greatest strategy guides I’ve ever read! Fantastic information from frame data, to combos, and magic series that characters use (though it took me a while to find what each series of combo chains actually meant [Difference between a Hunter series versus a Marvel series]).
Things I’d consider changing; I enjoyed the inclusion of the DLC characters Jill and Shuma however it did somewhat help out Capcom with their completion of them, angering a lot of people. Also with the likelihood of future DLC characters as well, I might’ve considered excluding Jill and Shuma initially for a later inclusion/secondary book that reflected all DLC characters.
I would’ve also liked a more comprehensive outlook into the Mission Mode, and how the ranking system works for online play. Both those items would’ve proved very useful - Mission Mode especially as right now I’m still trying to complete everyone’s (though I’m over level 7 in all characters, and 1 away in some).

Otherwise those small things, again, fantastic book, clear, concise, and I loved some of the combos with picture assistance.

Ok, I got the the guide today and after about half hour of reading my game stepped up a level. I’v only read a few sections so far and already learned quite a bit. The Wesker character breakdown has been a big help for me.

At the moment, nothing at all.

I’v only read a few parts thus far but I’m liking the character breakdown sections and frame data.

Erm, a “101 ways to beat the crap out of sentinel” would of been nice

From just skimming through, most def.

**What are your thoughts in general? **
Money well spent for a gamer looking to increase his game. Frame data, character bio’s, battle plans etc. This guide is crammed with information. It’s also very stylish and well presentable.

I didn’t really like how it just “ended”. For hefty amount of information, there wasn’t any sort of followup or conclusion to be had of where to take the game from there. I’m not saying that I shouldn’t be doing most of the work as the player, but it would help to have a clear routine to base my training on after soaking in all that information.

I loved the advanced tactics section for each character (Joe’s Kara dash, She-hulk’s TAC cancel, etc.). Small tidbits like that are fun to read.

Hmm… a mission mode walkthrough would have been a nice touch.

Yep, pretty much, though I don’t think 9 pages per character is enough :lol:

I haven’t bought a strategy guide in a long time, and this guide made me want more. :slight_smile:

I’ve noticed a few typos. Also, because I don’t live in the US, I’d very much like if there was an e-book version of it. My order from Amazon won’t arrive until april probably.

But this is just nitpicking, the guide is awesome and the most amazing thing I’ve seen video-game related. I have absolutely no complaints regarding it’s content.

I have the guide ordered but its not in yet, I’m just posting to congratulate buk on working on what might be the single most highly acclaimed strategy guide in the history of strategy guides, I haven’t seen people so satisfied with a book since the prisoner of azkaban.

Very good guide. The combo sections are great, and the way it explains the general strategy for playing with each character is great.

One thing that might have helped was having for each character, a few suggestions of good assist characters to use with them. Like for instance, the wolverine section says in a few places that Arthur-Beta is a good assist, but that info is buried in paragraphs. Having a separate section to talk about assists to be used with the character you’re reading about, and why tgeyre good.

Overall it’s truly a great strategy guide.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

I don’t know if too many people in europe have gotten a chance to get the guide yet, the store I ordered it from was supposed to send it today but instead e-mailed me that they’d probably get it in by the end of next week.

That section is there. There’s a paragraph talking about which assists are good for the character, then the next paragraph talks about good assists to couple with them.

A few typos but no biggie.

Character strategies and tips. Very informative.

How to deal with certain characters and situations. Sentinal and Phoenix make me sad :(.

Yeah had just about everything we need to know.

This guide is godlike. it really helps a lot and helps you understand your characters and what possibilities they have. I hope you work on the Street Fighter X Tekken guide.

There are only a couple of things I can think of. The first is that I would have liked a chart and graph section that compiled all of the information on crossover assists, movement options, vitality, chain combo type, X-factor multipliers, and all of the other minutiae all in one place. The other thing is that the X-factor multipliers are currently tucked away into the battle plan section, which just seems like on odd place to put them. I can’t think of any better place to put them, though.

The guide is extremely thorough, and any information on one particular character is incredibly easy to look up. In particular, the section on assist choices for each character is very enlightening.

As I said above, I would have liked there to be a charts and graphs section. I would have liked a chart that ranked all of the projectiles durability side-by-side, so I would have an easy reference to which projectiles beat what. It’s not really necessary, as I used the guides data to compile one myself, but it would be very convenient.

For the most part, yes. The system and gameplay section was extremely thorough while still only being 24 pages long. Each character specific section contained huge amounts of information while still being very approachable to a newb like myself. The only thing I’m not sure about would be the trophies and achievements section. That is almost ten pages of info I feel could have been squeezed onto one page of normal font text, leaving 8 pages for a charts and graphs section. (I love charts).

This guide is perfect. It really opened my eyes to how bad most strategy guides actually are and how excellent they could be. Many of the advanced strategies and tactics on the front page of SRK came from the guide. The guide’s approachability and its systematic breakdown of the game have made everyone, of every skill level, a better player. It is incredibly good.

Thank you for helping make it.

Unless you live in the UK. Distribution was rubbish, I’ve not seen it in a single store.

Nothing really, its pretty damn good.

I like the how in the guide it is very clear and gives examples. I also appreciate how the guide sheds light on advanced tactics and concepts in related areas.
Very thorough and thoughtful.

Also I would like to mention that I think its was a great idea to put a glossary of terms in the guide.

It would have been nice to see some tips on missions for characters. The guide includes everything but that, and truthfully I dont need it that badly.

Ya it was great and well organized.

**What are your thoughts in general? **

Great guide. It wasn’t expensive and it contains a wealth of great information. Very well laid out and easy to understand and navigate.

Misc:

I have read through the first 113 pages. I literally read them, not skimmed.

Props to Joe Epstein, Adam Deats, Campbell Tran, and Ian Rogers for helping me level up.

On the back cover you spelled tournament wrong (tournamNet). This may seem like nothing but its often the first thing someone sees after the cover when they pick it up and quite frankly is very unprofessional and sloppy.

Also there is no help on mission mode, Arcade mode or online explanations.

However what is in there is quite good. I’ve already recommended it to many frds

My only issue is that the font seemed really small but I understand that you had a limit on pages and I appreciate the ridiculous amount of content per character. So no biggy.

Only real complaint is it was only 400 pages.

Frame data, assist information, the character sections in general.

Charts/Graphs, comprehensive comparisons of projectiles, assists, walk speeds, etc. Was really hoping there was an overall comparison of assists. What are the best projectile assists and why? What are the best anti-air assists and why? What assists keep opponents in blockstun the longest?

**Do you think we used our 400 pages wisely? **
The only thing I think was unnecessary was the pictures of each normal. Characters would have another half-page+ of more useful information without them.

Good buy.

I ordered my guide last Wednesday, and I’ll gladly give you guys feed back once it arrives. It’ll take a while to arrive tho, but no worries. o/

Nothing

The frame Data. It gives great justice to all characters, and proves that alot of people on these forums are idiots, and usually don’t know what they’re talking about.

Nothing else really. All players should be able to easily pick up the guide, and find something they didn’t know. I’d say maybe more artwork? But, really, that’s about it.

Definitely. I encourage everyone to pick up a copy be it new, or experience players.

In general, it’ll sum up alot of question that I see new players asking about and/or people new to vs. series. The biggest thing that I enjoyed was the frame data since it showed various aspects of each character’s normals, and specials. Overall, just a good buy.