Brand new WWE Brawl stick, already run into a problem

So I just got a new WWE Brawl stick today, and wouldn’t you know it, I already have a problem. For whatever the reason, I can’t manage to jump up forward or up away, unless I move the stick to the position from the top center position. So basically, I can slide my stick to the right/left, hear a click, then try to move it upwards, and I’ll hear nothing and continue to walk forward/backwards. If I push it HARD all the way up during this, it occasionally works, but then if I just twist it to toward the top center, it clicks and I jump in that direction after jumping up once. So could anyone tell me if this is a problem with the stick, the restrictor gate, is there something I should replace to make it work fine or am I better off returning this and continuing my search for a stick? Thank you very much for your responses.

What Stick/Controller Should I Buy? Read the Guide on Pg 1 Before Posting

If you just bought it contact madcatz

It’s more than likely just the joystick itself. If you were planning on replacing the stick anyways, it’d be less of a headache to just replace the stick yourself. Of course if you were planning on using just stock parts, I’d return it to wherever you purchased it from for a refund or a trade for a different stick of equal value.

So it wouldn’t be something like a misaligned restrictor gate or something cheaper like that huh. I mean if I have to get the stick now, I think I might at least try to get a better stock one like mentioned, but if it’s something as simple as the gate, I intended on replacing that soon enough anyway.

when i got the brawlstick i didn’t even use it to see if everything worked, i just changed everything right away. Pretty stupid on my part not to test it but thankfully everything worked :slight_smile: