Bringing Sexy Back - Nemesis Discussion Thread (Pg.18 and beyond)

nemesis-t-type

Why isn’t anybody here discussing the newfound Unknown x OMG Andre rivalry? not offtopic since Unknown is one of the best Nemesis players atm :slight_smile:

I’m not really big on rivalries, but when was this whole thing started? I usually am on a ton of streams, but have not seen any Maryland stuff in the past few weeks.

yeah, I missed the rivalry

honestly, I’m not hip on rivalries, alot of them feel shoehorned rather than genuine

Side note on Nemesis crossups: I DO NOT RECOMMEND using DP+M. Not because it doesn’t connect, but because your so very, very, very, very, VERY unsafe on block. More of an on principle thing than anything else. However, if you wait just a little bit, you CAN launch them, which is good because it allows you time to hit confirm and choose not to go into launcher. Plus since you’re crossing them up, you hit them at the end of the active frames and recover quicker and you can even still cancel if need be. The same applies to the cH mixup. Delaying the confirm into launcher is probably recommended, as you still have options and cancels open to you if you are blocked, where as you have to cancel into unsafe moves nearly as soon as possible for them to work.

And so ends the reign of the DP+M hit confirm. You will be missed. Long live the new hit confirm!

Sorry, I haven’t been paying attention

What’s the new hit confirm?

Launcher. Old one was DP+M, which worked for sH but not for cH crossups. Launcher works for both if you delay it.

EDIT: Yeah. What Gil said.

team bigboy couldnt win fff tourney at fgtv. sadface!

i just played a long set with xxxbrb69 on xbox live; he did a good job mixing up air dashes adapt to my tentacle slam resets. his Dorm/Thor/Hawkeye gave me the most trouble, plus he had some nasty resets of his own with Thor’s air command grabs.

i had to share because in the last match i went for a tentacle slam and it looked like Dorm got away, smugly dashing upback as a Dorm will do - unfortunately for him, he was abruptly cut off as the tentacle slam connected with some invisible part of his hitbox and he was dragged downwards into my tentacle, at which point the command grab animation started. it was hilarious to see, like a very slow version of Magneto’s attraction pulling him down.

Awwww. How far did they get in the tourney?

Who was running it? (was it you?). How well did they (you?) play?

it was me. lost to fchamp and pr_rog. beat chrisis though and got two perfects in tourney weeeee. dat nem.

WOAH. you did awesome then!

TWO PERFECTS!? in marvel!? in a marvel Tourney!?

dude, tell me you got it on video. I would LOVE to see that!

also, how do you run Team Bigboy? I’ve recently taken on that team as well, cuz I feel like my fraud doom is detracting too much once he comes on the field. got any advice for someone new to the BigBoys?

i was also pretty wasted :x

matches should be on the archive for http://www.twitch.tv/fgtvlive whenever its ready. just look for whatever link is fff or fraud free friday last night. im bronson, so yea. i think i went a total of 3-2.

as for advice i dunno. i play super reliabt on drones just watch whatever matches you see and if you want just ask any questions

btw i get completely destroyed by rog and champ so :]

edi http://www.twitch.tv/fgtvlive/b/317906168

1:15:00 starting (also 3:46:00, 4:27:00)

watched 'em all

damn son. that was some great Team Bigboy action. great Nemesis, great Hulk, and I’d say great Sentinel but I didn’t quite see enough to really get a feel for him XD

love your mixups, especially with the Hulk. I was surprised how rarely people blocked low versus hulk mixups 0_o

and that nemesis reset after the Tentacle slam hit the drones XD that was fucking hilarious!

my match against rog isnt good to watch but its there. i think watching my match vs fchamp is good though. it shows how i suck! woot

Dude, congrats, mang. I’m envious.

why are you envious

In a good way. I wanna rock the competition with Nemesis that well.

I just saw all of the matches. Team bigboy has some fantastic synergy, and some really hard-to-stop command throw setups. Fun stuff.

The perfects were fun. I love watching Nemesis win.

I entered Ranbats for my area today, and got first! Team I play is Nemesis/Frank/Dormammu.

I dunno the exact times, but if you search around you should see four or five of my matches on this video!