Budget TV (Under $200)

Hey, I’m looking for a monitor / TV that is under $200 for my PS3
Currently, I have the TV mentioned here:

Sylvania 32 HDTV
It’s:
Amazon.com: Sylvania LC320SS9 32-Inch LCD HDTV: Electronics

It’s got some lag. Very little, and I only notice it in MvC2, as that’s my main game… But it’s still there.

I’m looking for something under $200 (smaller is a plus) and decent enough to play games on.

Any suggestions?

>Cheap (200 or less)
>Hi Def/HD TV or Monitor
>reduce or zero lag

That is a tall order, I can find a good Hi Rez PC monitor about 20 to 26 inches for under 200 on newegg
Newegg.com - Computer Hardware,Monitors,LCD Monitors,$100 - $200,23"

Question:

If I connect via HDMI, how do I connect the sound?

If under $200 was my budget, I would just get the EVO monitor.
Newegg.com - ASUS VH236H Black 23" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen Full HD 1080P LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 20000 :1 (ASCR) Built-in Speakers
It has full 1080p, HDMI, and is already known to have virtually no input lag. :wgrin:

Thanks ^^

If a monitor doesnt intake sound from HDMI, you can always get a RCA, red and white to 3.5mm stereo jack adaptor. They’re very cheap at radio shack. Then you should be able to hook it up to the screen’s built in speakers (if it has any) or any PC speakers.

The VH236H is wonderful for gaming, but keep in mind that it only has VGA, DVI, and HDMI input. That means no composite, component, or TV coax. You’ll need to buy some other device to put in between if you need those. (and for the record, the VH236H will take audio from HDMI)

Otherwise I also recommend the ASUS.

HDMI = audio and video

Yeah, I know that. I was referring to a monitor that didn’t have speakers when I asked that question.

Same, most monitors now have built in speakers, but not all.

If you wanted sound from a cheaper monitor you just plug in hdmi then use your regular cords and set them to be the outgoing sound with them hooked up to a stereo.

Thanks AoBfrost

You’ll be fine with the Evo monitor, as others said.

If you want better sound, hit up Worst Buy, Target, or some such for a set of computer speakers.

I’m running a set of Bose 2.0s on mine, and they work great - only $99, themselves. They also have a headphone jack on the right speaker.

As I see it.

Got the Evo monitor. Greatness. Just the sound is annoying to adjust the volume, but I’m fine with the quality. Thanks.

Just buy some powered PC speakers. I’ve got a cheap $30 2.1 Altec Lansing speakers but they’re so much easier to adjust and sound better than the built-in sound.