Got a chance, over the long 4th of July weekend, to dig this bad boy out of storage; In the hopes of creating the best possible analog to digital conversion setup I can provide for a $3 tape.
I do have some new news though!!!
Took a deep breath, got brave, and opened one of these bad boys up.
I picked the one that was the most semi-used / looked to have the most miles on it.
Here are the disassembly pics, note there is some mummified glue on the base piece that gives up the ghosts after gently wiggling the base piece away from the housing piece:
The underside of the “plunger” piece:
Down the rabbit-hole of the “housing” piece:
And out the other side of the “housing” piece:
Close up of the Fire-the-Laser PCB in the “base” piece:
Another shot of all the pieces next to each other:
In all honesty I was gonna clean all the used buttons anyway; And boy am I glad that I went ahead and opened one, because even though they are advertized as spill resistant… theys is nots WAATAA proof, and I would’ve jacked them up had I used as much water as I ended up using to clean them. P.S. I soaked the yellow plastic pieces in a mix of warm water and dish soap for about 5mins, scrubbed them with a soft brush and cotton towel, and then left the parts to dry overnight.
Did some internets surfing and I think this is what you’re looking for @sethian0: