Button gets stuck

I’ve had the same stick for about 3 years or so now and I’ve just now started to notice that the triangle button is starting to get stuck at times. It is a White screw in Sanwa button and I noticed that they don’t sell those anymore so I don’t really want to just try and replace it, but at the same time it sucks for playing.

I’ve tried looking at it and I don’t notice anything particularly wrong. Just that every 20 or so clicks, it will start to stick and the only way to get it to stop is to keep hitting it more. It doesn’t have anything to do with the position of the stick or anything either. I didn’t make my stick, it was a custom and everything is already soldered together and such so I don’t want to mess with it too much but is there a way to take apart the button and try to see if there is a quick fix or something?

replace all the buttons with snap ins. problem solved.

You can easily open up buttons for cleaning if you wanted to go that route. Although you would have to desolder the wires on the button before you could remove it completely. The switches on a sanwa are attached to the button from the inside of the button, not under it like with happ. It would still be possible to clean it without removing the wires, but you would be tethere to the stick. You could give it a try if you dont solder but certainly desoldering before you clean would be easiest.

For some reason the snap ins feel different to me and I don’t like them. I actually just checked and apparently white screw ins do exist still so it isn’t that big of a deal.

I was worried about having to desolder anything to clean it. I really don’t know anything about soldering or all of that. I needed to get it repainted and such anyways, so maybe I’ll just hire a stick maker to give it like a tune up or something.

I was about to tell you that the white Sanwa screw-in’s are alive and well… OBSN-30’s, we sell tons of them, but I guess you already figured that out… :wgrin:

Chad
http://www.lizardlick.com

Easy replacement, not worth the cleaning.

I actually have a set of white screwins in one of my sticks and snap-ins in another. I don’t notice any difference.

I’m pretty sure that you can try some silicone lubricant spray, available at a hardware store.

I guess I’ll try to figure out how to replace it or get someone to do it.

I was almost certain that they screw ins felt different than the snap ins. Besides the snap ins feeling flimsy (they could be rotated and such) I thought the push on them was a little bit different too. I never really did any side by side tests, but I guess I"ll stick with the screw ins anyways for consistency