Buying a console for SSFIV

So i’m buying a console for Super but i’m not sure which one.
I have had an xbox 360 before but sold it because i normally just game on my computer but i don’t feel like waiting for a PC release that might not happen.
so basically what are more of you playing on? and what one should i play on?
right now i am leaning towards the PS3 because it seems more reliable + Bluray.

ps3

for your trashy ass game

I’m gonna have to get a PS3 for this myself, although I have a 360 already…

im in the same boat. im going with 360 cause its cheaper, and i hear has a bigger online comunity. does any system generally have better online play? less lag and such

^This

Best choice IMO is the xbox 360, best online community/online functions and cheapest console on the market. Your xbox360 isn’t likely to fail, but if it should MS will replace it for FREE (shipping for fee covered too).

Bluray Smuray I say :stuck_out_tongue:

Now you need to get a stick!

360 > PS3. One of my friends decided to get the PS3 and now he’s playing it alone. 360’s online community is much better and I’d say about 7 out of every 10 people I know own a 360 as opposed to a PS3

I own a ps3 myself so I WANT to say ps3, but I hear and have been told that many of the better players actually play on 360. It’s cheaper as well, so you’ll be able to buy a stick if you don’t have one to play with. I really say get the console you would like. It really doesn’t matter much to me as long as you enjoy. But truthfully, as a ps3 owner who doesn’t own a 360, I can say the online is not that much better, but still has more of the better players more often.

People are talking like the Ps3 online community is non existent or some shit, you’ll find games just fine, no certain online community is “better”.

You’ll also snag up a blu-ray player too, so keep that in consideration when looking at the 100$ price difference between 360 and Ps3 (360 also requires a monthly fee for online).

I am envious of cross-game voice chat on 360 though. Sony couldn’t possibly go slower implementing this.

If you’re just getting a console for one game- PS3.

Cheaper in the long-term. Online stuff- the matchmaking is superior on PS3, though I’ve heard Super narrows the gap some. In-game netplay no real advantage (though you find more laggers on PS3 due to wireless+ more foreigners)

Really, if you own a good PC- the only reason to own a console for me is fighters- everything else I’d rather play on PC.

Quality of players- I’ve played on both- it’s the same on both. Doesn’t matter unless you’re local champ level or better. You don’t run out of comp until you’re on top of the food chain.

I say look at the functions you want and need along with the game catalog of each, because I can’t imagine SSFIV being the first and last game you ever play on your new console. Which brings me to my next point, if for some reason SSFIV is the only reason for purchasing a console buy a refurb or used or something. Might as well save yourself a few bucks if it’s just one game you want. Also, if you want a 360 you could get the elite bundle with ODST and Forza 3 and trade the two in for SSFIV so you have a spiffy new console, big hdd, and your desired game. A lot of stuff to consider. For the record, though, I’m partial to my ps3 but wouldn’t mind having a 'box right next to it.

If you’re just getting a console for one game- PS3.

Cheaper in the long-term. Online stuff- the matchmaking is superior on 360, though I’ve heard Super narrows the gap some. In-game netplay no real advantage (though you find more laggers on PS3 due to wireless+ more foreigners)

Really, if you own a good PC- the only reason to own a console for me is fighters- everything else I’d rather play on PC.

Quality of players- I’ve played on both- it’s the same on both. Doesn’t matter unless you’re local champ level or better. You don’t run out of comp until you’re on top of the food chain.

The reason I don’t suggest the 360 is the XBL fees. The advantages to the 360 aren’t worth $50/year or even $25/year.

This is pretty much the main thing I hate about my PS3. It’s a fucking excellent console, but it really pissed me off when I bought an official headset then noticed I couldn’t use it to speak to my friends unless they were in the same game as me or we were on the XMB.

I have both a 360 and PS3. You want to buy the console that more of your friends have, it’s as simple as that. I typically use Xbox Live more because voice chat/party chat is such an ease and I’ve got a lot of friends who use it, however I’ve got Super for PS3 because my custom has a Cthulhu in it. Neither system will you notice a lack of gameplay. They will be pretty much function exactly the same other than Xbox Live having the 8 man party voice chat (which is to do with Xbox Live, not Super).

I wouldn’t worry about Live’s monthly fees. It costs around 30 for a year (buy a year, not a month!). If you can’t afford that you shouldn’t even be looking to buy a console. Xbox Live is worth the money for the service you get IMO, but you can make your own decision since you’ve already owned a 360.

Can’t go wrong with either but you’ll need to pay for xbox live which is an added cost. If I’m not up for playing any particular game online I feel like my money is going down the drain.

If you plan on going to tournaments, PS3 as that seems to be the standard for most majors.

the pros play on ps3, most scrubs play on 360. there are more scrubs than pros, so if you wanna play the most opponents but shittier ones get a 360. only good thing for 360 is free games and being playable on live if burned stealth. the pstripple doesnt have copies cause its not moddable (yet).

Figure out the console your friends are buying it for and get that, if that doesn’t matter just random select it because both systems are completely worth it, as for the community thing it shouldn’t be a problem because you can just hit up SRKer’s all day

Let’s not start a console war here. We know how these things turn out.

Get the console that most of your friends have.

Yeah I was kinda surprised this thread wasn’t closed yet.

I guess Valaris is still asleep.

Anyways, just get the console most of your friends have. Since you’re most likely to be playing with them the most anyway

I would base my decision solely on price.

If you can find a PS3 for a low enough price, then buy it. Otherwise, get a 360.

You’ll be paying extra for the blu-ray player that you may or may not use, but you’ll also pay extra for the monthly fee with the 360. If you plan on keeping the PS3 as your console for more than 2 years then you will recoup the cost of paying for the blu-ray with free online.

Amazon has the 120GB PS3 for $300, and the Elite 360 Bundle with Forza and ODST for $300. You could easily sell the two games and get SSFIV for free, or you can buy the arcade 360 for $200 and then pick up a cheap Flashdrive to use as the memory.