Alright guys, this is what we TENTATIVELY have so far:
Note: only the Japanese and International tourneys will feature
Japanese players, the rest are Non-Jap players.
Date: 8/13/05 (2nd day of evo)
Warm-Ups/Registration: 9am-1pm (HOPEFULLY)
Tourneys Times 1pm-?
Potentially 1-3 tourneys:
- Non-Jap (aka US… and others) Tourney: $5 entry
- Japanese Tourney: $5 entry (must have AT LEAST 3 players)
- International Tourney: $5 entry (there must be 6-8 players total: the top 3-4 Non-Jap players will face off with the top 3-4 Jap players)
Garou MOTW (Mark of the Wolves):
- Will be on DC (hopefully we’ll have 3 set-ups in the BYOC).
- This WILL be “dirty,” so default macros will be allowed!!
- Boss characters are allowed.
- You ARE allowed to switch characters after each game.
- Semis are best of 3 games, finals are best of 5.
- Soft ban on Terry’s stage (cuz of lag issues on the DC).
- TOP setting is at stock 1/3 health (1.25 damage) which can be set at beginning, middle or end.
- Bring your own fav controllers and convertors (otherwise you’ll be subject to whatever may or may not be on hand).
If total players =/< 18:
There will be 1-3, 6-man Round-Robin Pools.
Each game will be 5, 60 sec rounds.
Winners of each pool will face off in an additional R-R to determine 1st-3rd place.
If total players > 18:
Tourney will become double elimination.
In the case of byes, these will be assigned randomly.
Games will be 3, 90 sec rounds.
Prize distribution may vary depending on turn outs (obvious case would be a turn out of 3 people as opposed to 10 or more). If there are > 10, it will be all or nothing (no 2nd or 3rd). With 10 or more, the prize distribution will be 70/15/5 (10 goes to overhead).
If for some reason you are not down with ANYTHING at all in this tourney (rules, console, etc), please DO NOT ENTER. This is merely an invite and NOT a comment thread. Should you want a tourney tailored more to your liking, it is suggested that you organize one on your own.
Btw, if anyone is actually down to play some Groove On Fight please let me know and I can port a Saturn set up for it. :wonder:
Keep Play’n. Peace