C.LK --> C.LK --> EX Legs Question

chun-li

I have been noticing that whenever I fight Ryu or Ken they have been shoryuken my ex legs. Just wondering if my timing is off or something that other players have caught on to. I never really ran into this problem until recently. Thanks!

Timing off. You cannot Shoryuken inbetween if you’re doing it right (else it wouldn’t be a combo).

I find that when I mash for too long, the EX legs sometimes won’t connect, as opposed to doing strictly 5 inputs, where they always connect properly.

you need to mash more lol, if they’re mashing SRK’s and you aren’t mashing your EX legs then they’ll win.

My inputs are

:lk:
:lk::mk:

If done correctly. Although after those two :lk:'s I tend to mash :lk::mk: more (What ever works right?) Although I don’t like to be seen as a button masher even though its a mash move lol. 5 kicks quickly should do it every time.

The Input mashing LK+MK is a little too slow, so it happens often that it won’t connect.

What works for me now is piano lk,mk,hk lk+mk, lk+mk.

I input the first LK normally and use this input on the second. You need a little practice to get it down, but once you can do it, it’s easy.

AFAIK one hand terror suggests

Upon each cr.LK [do the LK twice ]

so
cr. LK LK
cr. LK LK

then LK MK

works all the time, but i have to learn to stop mashing first

Everyone has their own style, but you just need to practice it. Try learning to hit confirm with cr-lk twice I usueally press

:lk::mk::hk:

This way if I miss one button I know I’ll at least hit two and it’s still more cleaner than straight mashing at the same time I still don’t have to think of where my fingers are when hitting the kicks. Kind of works both ways and hasn’t failed me even in competitve play. Just takes some time and control you’ll get it. I can Hassenshu into Cr-lk into EX Legs like it’s nothing now.

Yeah that works too but you have to be more prescise because if you miss the lk-mk your gonna do lk or mk regular legs and it may leave you open, very difficult for beguinner players. OHT is a tactician so he trys to be very precise in his inputs and is very good at it. They work but you need to have your hand execution under complete control.

Also it’s sorta better to keep it at two cr-lk if possible because most combo opportunities won’t allow you to be close enough to link all 4 lk’s thus will result in being reversed DP as the OP is trying to avoid. Again requires prescise control.

c.LK~c.MK, c.LK~c.MK and upon confirm you press c.LK+c.MK

effective way i’ve done it is to double tap the cr.lk, so you get

:lk: (hits - middle finger)
:lk: (no hit - index finger
:lk: (hits - middle finger)
:lk: (no hit - index finger)
:lk::mk: (hits)

[media=youtube]bIezY63Wn8k[/media]

:lk:~:lp:
:lk:~:lp:
:hk:~:mk:~:lk:
:hk:~:mk:~:lk:

I always do my lk’s with a plinked lp out of habit.
The hk~mk~lk double piano I do really fast so it always comes out as ex legs.

Haven’t seen this one yet but it’s fluid and natural to me

:lk:, :hk:~:mk:~:lk:(2nd lk)
:mk:+:lk:

One consistant way I found in a youtube video was:

:mk:
:lp:
:mk:
:mk:+:hk:

Time the above 5 presses to counting ‘1,2,3,4,5’ in an even beat. If mk is coming out, you need to speed it up. If only one LK or no EX legs are coming out - probably need to slow it down.

However I tend to just do LK, LK, (MK+HK)x3 in the heat of an online battle and it usually still works.

I actually like to add 2 cr.LP’s before this BnB as well - is this a bad idea for any reason?

not really… if you don’t think you can hit confirm from the two low shorts into EX legs yet, then it’s ok to add in one or two more hits so you know that you got your opponent in a combo and are not going to get like a DP reversal in the process.

on the other hand, combos get scaled crazy after like the 3rd hit or something like that, so you’re making the EX legs scaled a lot if you do two cr.lp before two cr.lk into legs, so keep that in mind. iono if it does as much damage or not, try it yourself and see. if it does more damage, then i don’t see anything wrong with using the two cr.lp first. if not, then maybe just add only 1 cr. lp or learn to hit confirm from two cr.lk to EX legs.

Well, I’m pretty sure that’s how I do it :lol:

I have a really bad habit of mashing to chain EX Legs after cr. short and cr. jab combos, but I’ve been trying to commit this useful option select to muscle memory:

:hk:~:mk:~:lk: (cr. LK if it lands or is blocked, cr. HK if they backdash)
:lk:+:mk:
:lk:+:mk:

Edit: Looks like Canton has the idea

Interesting. When do you primarily use this option select? After a jump-in/cross-up attempt?

In regards to the OP’s question, I do the same thing that nerogk uses,

LK
MK
LK
MK
LP & MK

I’m doing LK and then mash LPMKHK the secodn one is always LP for me :open_mouth: and the ex legs always behind it
I’m a big noob though

The way I do it is most similar to this.

I do…

:hk:~:mk:~:lk: (Piano, when timed right this causes another :lk: to come out)
:hk:+:mk:+:lk:
:hk:+:mk:+:lk:

I double-tap the 3x Kick out of habit.

I do
:lk:+:mk:+:hk:

Mines is fast enough to do C.LK --> C.LK --> EX Legs