C-Vega's Best and Worst Matchups Thread

vega

In my opinion, but im probably really wrong

nobody at my arcade rc’s, but im all about rcing some rolling claw and flip kick

good matchups

ryu, ken, akuma
blanka
sagat
guile
hibiki

bad matchup

cammy - s. fk priority
bison - not really sure but someone in the arcade gave me a hardtime
rolento - s. jab lockdwon
nakoruru - j. lk and c. fp’s priority

Can anyone drop some knowledge on me? Thanks in advance.

edit, stolen from another thread

Good matchups:
Yamazaki - how so?

You should have kept this in the Advanced Tactics thread instead of making a whole new one. :frowning:

sorry, not really looking to start a flame war

thats advanced tactics with vega, not specifically c-vega

my arcade just recently got a cvs2 machine and i’ve been playing a lot of c-vega, im just trying to figure out matchups and stuff.

Heh, no problem. I’d be cooler if it was in the other thread though because matchups is pretty much tactics and it doesn’t really have to be specific. That way, we could all help each other out with all the general stuff.

How can vega beat blanka?

What are you having trouble with?

poke that monkey! don’t jump at him unless he jumps at you so you can stomp him out of the air. if he starts to jump and block, air grab him. you should be fine as long as you don’t get predictable. punish a blocked blanka ball with a slide for an easy knockdown. in my experience, a patient vega can win against blanka. i’m not sure if this is a generally accepted idea though.

btw, i like n vega over c. if only because run and low jump really help his game.

imo vega owns cammy! gotta run away though don let the bitch s.hk bait her in small jump hk

stand hk when she jumps in towards u use baricana attack to bait her into doing stupid shit bah im not very good at explaining :\ sorryl ol

i dont know about yall but n vega is awesome he has a super fast rush down and there is a glitch with him to

imo:

good:
yamazaki
chun li (sorta)
hibiki
blanka
sakura
honda
guile

even:
cammy

bad: