Cammy, 6th best?

cammy

On the most recent tier list Cammy has been listed as the sixth best, from my experience I think she has gotten better but I don’t believe she’s the sixth best. Especially since she still can’t do a lot about charge turtles like Guile. Whats the general opinion on this?
Link to tier list: Super Street Fighter 4 Tiers ? Character Rankings : EventHubs.com

Looking for this thread? http://shoryuken.com/f278/july-2010-ssf4-event-hubs-tier-has-cammy-ranked-6th-244592/

Fuck, should’ve known it was made already. thanks

Whats her biggest strength? Hmmm! Gettin in that ass. Learn how to fuck turtlers. Pros dont complain. Suck it up!!!

6th best my ass, only mathematically. She has 4-6 matchups against all of the other top characters plus ken, zangief, and blanka who are played to death as well. So 9 times out of ten you still have to out think and out execute your opponent by a lot because none of the other top tier characters requires any real execution (it helps, but it’s not necessary as with cammy). So don’t get too happy, still a lot of uphill battles to be fought lol.

P.S. I played a lot of hondas the other day and that shit definitely feels 7-3. No safe jump or tkcs with out getting your ass handed to you and once you get down there aren’t many ways to approach him.

what are you talking about here? blanka is in cammy’s favor first of all, secondly: can’t safe jump or tkcs honda? really? that’s funny because here i thought his fastest/best reversals had 8 and 14 frame start-ups… work on your setups and him reversaling on wake should not be very hard to deal with, it’s when he isn’t knocked down that he’s hard to get in on.

oh here is a trick i have been getting a lot of success with in the honda match, jump in at him and towards the end during the decent cannon strike, it really fucks with their headbutt timing, if done right they will activate headbutt below you and have it stuffed by the strike.

Dude STFU Even the best of players can still get cheesed by turtles, especially on XBL, I’m not complaining, I’m saying she has a hard time stopping turtles, charge turtles like Guile and Blanka especially since once they’ve got they’re charge you can’t even cross them up, or hooligan them.

Dude STFU Even the best of players can still get cheesed by turtles, especially on XBL, I’m not complaining, I’m saying she has a hard time stopping turtles, charge turtles like Guile and Blanka especially since once they’ve got they’re charge you can’t even cross them up, or hooligan them.

Guile isnt that bad (i would say its even?)… and Blanka mathcup is 6-4 in cammys favor…

i guess you are using the wrong approach to both matchups… there are enough info in the matchup thread to get you going…

I LOVE fighting Blanka… its a free win on xbl ranked :cool:

the only turtle that can potentially cause trouble is Balrog… and thats about it… and he needs to be REALLY GOOD AND TURTLE… otherwise cammy can win this… she’s got the tools and setups to beat balrog…

Even? No way.

Show me how to fight Guiles then, PLEASE, because any half-decent Guile who knows how to run can give me a problem.

http://shoryuken.com/f278/delta-red-intelligence-super-street-fighter-4-match-up-thread-233381/index2.html#post8796372

i’m drunk nvm thanks

Blanka a 4-6 matchup in his favor? Cammy loses to Ken? Honda 7-3?

Where the hell do these ridiculous claims spawn from?