Can I fix my Dualshock 3?

I’ve got a Dualshock 3 that I once threw to the ground in frustration. Everything still worked on it, except the R1 button. I’ve taken it apart, examined it, and swapped out the membrane with another and there seems to be no physical reason that R1 won’t work anymore. What’s the most likely culprit here such that only 1 button has quit working?

I finally found a DS3 PCB diagram http://slagcoin.com/joystick/pcb_diagrams/ps3_diagram3.jpg so I’m considering taking a wire from the point where the membrane connects to the PCB and jumping to the point on the PCB that’s mapped to R1 but I’m not sure if that’s possible or just what point I’d need to run the wire to. My electronics and soldering skills are… remedial, at best. Any help would be appreciated.

That’s an expensive controller to be tossing at the ground. I wouldn’t dismiss that the board itself isn’t damaged if you can’t identify anything that’s physically broken.

It wasn’t my finest moment.

Is what I’m trying to do even possible and what points would I need to jump between?

go buy an new one at circuit city for 40 bucks

I already got a replacement with store credit at Gamestop. I wanna try this just to try it.

Can you take some pictures of it?

First attempt lead to some blurry pics, I’ll try again later, but the board just looks like a standard Dualshock 3 PCB still.