Can magnets affect fightsticks?

Can household (relatevely small) magnets damage the electronics in a fightstick ?

I just bought a Kratos statue and the hands are attached with magnets.Is it safe to have the statue next to my fightsticks ?

It’s fine. Unless you’re shoving them inside the case where they might short something, it’s fine.

I don’t know if a stick has any parts weak to damage by magnets but I doubt magnets that small could ever deal any damage.

There really isn’t anything in there that a static magnet like that could hurt, especially from the outside. Even a fairly large one wouldn’t have any significant effect.

So long as you don’t have any B15 sticks; Kratos hates the work of the gods, and will destroy it :wink:

Thanks for the info.

So I take it its safe then ?

Yes, they will not harm it.

Keep in mind these things, however:

• Magnets can ruin CRT displays (the old heavy TV’s and computer monitors).

• Magnets can help redistribute your aura to promote good blood flow and unlock your body’s natural ability to heal itself from many ailments, including scurvy and cancer!

• Magnets are super-effective against ghost-type Pokémon.

• Magnets will never threaten to stab you, and in fact cannot speak.

(Or)

Freaking magnets, how do they work?

Hers the proximity btw. Red circles show where the magnets are.

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/604/dsc00050gd.jpg

You got nothing to worry about. At all.

Personally speaking, I would be worried about that small porcelain man attacking my electronic devices and/or household pets.

but they don’t call them “fight sticks” for nothing, consider that procelain man arrested.

If you eat magnets hours apart, they might clamp different parts of your intestines together.

so be sure to eat all of your magnets at once

Alright.Cool.
jiz.

Oh shit, I forgot the the most importatant factor. The actuall size of the magnets.

P.S. Oh and if it seems I’m obsessing over this way too much… well, I guess enjoy my “stick” way too much…

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/3125/dsc00051qk.jpg

Just to be on the safe side, I would try to keep one on each side of the controller, equidistant from the controls, to keep the magnetic field even. A couple feet of distance should do. Probably the worst thing that would happen is that you’d get a little additional lag from the electrons slowing down, but with the field even on both sides, the lag would be similar from both the stick and buttons. But we’re talking very small amounts of latency, probably only a couple frames at most. Even top players wouldn’t notice that, since it’s physically impossible.

Cern Scientist Switzerland working with the large hadron collider use electromagnetic fields to contain anti-mater, propel and accelerate sub-atomic particles to near light speeds and to display there children’s art work on the fridge.

Kratos magnets will not harm a fight stick, but the Electro magnets in the Large Hadron Collider or LHC will eat your Arcade stick for breakfast and ask for more, as well as causing Miniature black holes in the fabric of space time

What will happen with a Arcade stick made by Hori or Mad Catz come near the LHC, custom made sticks do not have this effect

I think there are magnets in the te box so I think it will be fine

Yeah, something like the Large Hadron Collider would have a huge effect, even with all of the electromagnetic shielding they have in place. This is why all arcade parts in Switzerland are made of wood.