Castle Fight Night - Lucky #7 - Long Island, NY - 3/8/08

Wow guys, just wow. Thank you all so much for coming out to this, it was our biggest tournament yet! 3rd Strike had 33, Smash had 16, UMK had a whole lot more than last time, ST was added to the roster, GG was good, everything was awesome! The 3rd Strike Top 8 video will be up within the week. Vizard will be doing the intro movie to this one, so I hope you’re all looking forward to that! Thanks again to everyone who participated as well as helped out. Without you guys, none of this would’ve been at all possible.

Special thanks again to Ed from ArcadeInABox.com for the stick donations, I hope it helps business!

Also, a very special thanks to Phil (9.95) for two reasons. One, for the obvious making of the plaques given out in both UMK3 as well as 3S. Secondly, for handling the emergency situation so well. Thanks to Joe as well for making the 911 call. Glad to see that this community has hearts.

Results:

3rd Strike:

Video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7970444911170986148&hl=en

1. JWong
  2. KOFiend
  3. Joe iloveu
  4. Flare
  5. Sergio
  6. Lava Heart
  7. B-MONEY
  8. Bacardi

Ultimate MK3:

1. Joe
  2. Shock
  3. MKvids
  4. 9.95
  5. Nit
  6. Steve
  7. Lance
  8. LI Maverick
  9. Kyle
  10. Kevin
  11. John
  12. Walter
  13. Jason
  14. Reg

ST:

1. Justin Wong
  2. Comeback
  3. Joe"iloveu"

Guilty Gear

1. Xaqshinor
  2. Marlinpie
  3. Chaz
  4. HC
  5. HnH
  6. ilovu
  7. Bacardi
  8. Nas

Melty Blood

1. Zaeler
  2. ilovu
  3. Tinshi
  4. Nas
  5. Kayin (not me)
  6. Chaz
  7. Ken
  8. Tony B
  9. Kenny

Arcana Heart:

1. justin
  2. noel
  3. Ken
  4. Nas

Any other tournaments: Please let me know

PICTURES

Guilty Gear

1. Xaqshinor
  2. Marlinpie
  3. Chaz
  4. HC
  5. HnH
  6. ilovu
  7. Bacardi
  8. Nas

Good shit at this tourney. <3

ST (Top 3)

1. Justin Wong
  2. Comeback
  3. Joe"iloveu"

Had a good time tonight guys, played in my first 3rd Strike tournament after about 2 weeks of practice on top of my existing dabbling in it years back.

Full UMK3 Results:

1. Joe
  2. Shock
  3. MKvids
  4. 9.95
  5. Nit
  6. Steve
  7. Lance
  8. LI Maverick
  9. Kyle
  10. Kevin
  11. John
  12. Walter
  13. Jason
  14. Reg

i was actually 3rd in mb.

I had a lot of fun at this tournament, and I had no clue how close it was. I will definitely be making Castle Fight Nights in the future.

Edit: As a result of random conversation last night I set up an IRC channel. #eastcoast3s on irc.rizon.net. So uh, join or something.

bah, I’m gonna whip myself for not being top8 in GG…

WOOOOOOOOOO TOP 8 in GG and I dont even play it ex puff ball spam for the win!

crappy I had to leave 3s before top 8 but I almost missed the ferry at the time I did leave

Great tourney. Thanks for John to run 3S, Vizard for running ST and for my future pirate DC Copy ^_^. Thanks for Joe for the housing. It was cool to see Tony B and Barcadi. GG’s at 3s to tinshi,flare,kofiend. And good shit for xaq winning gg. See everyone at the next one

So uh…akatsuki didn’t get reped at this event, huh? =[

>_>

<_>

Moved that server to Efnet since apparently more people hang there.

No. We just talked about how good the game was without actually playing it. :frowning:

lots of fun playing everyone!!! Xaq vs Marlin finals were so damn good… Xaq broke out the dolphins …

i wish there was akatsuki i definatly would of played that!!!Mike get on that perhaps next tourn

This shit was fun even though I played for a total of like 16 minutes. Reason enough to get better right there. Guess I will have to win next time. Finally got to play Justin. Didn’t go as well as I had hoped haha. Nice meeting you Justin, Nas, Phil, others.

Always a pleasure with Sergio, Lavaheart, Tinshi, Flare, Makoto Scrub, everyone else.

Bacardi/Tony B/Kayin - fun day but I think once a month is enough for a trip like that haha. Golden Tee during a tropical storm is godlike. That is all.

Yeah ralphing out my guts wasn’t fun, seasicknes ftl.

SHOuts- Umm i am incredibly lazy to type all of the shoutouts but yeah everyone played well. It was a really fun tournament and finals was crazy with Bustin bong raping and MASHJABonwakeupfiend. Uh FLARE IS GOD LIKE.

Emptyjumpthrow threw me 6 times in a row.

just watch the vid when its done its pretty exciting ::thumbs up::

BTW ZAR yes we spoke about blitz and I wanna try and advertise this game next Castle golf if possible.

9.95 here…Great Tournaments again this time. I had an absolute blast again and can’t wait for CG8 already. Thanks to everyone who played in and is beginning to get hyped about UMK3. I’m also happy to say I had a great time playing in the ST and 3s tournaments as well.

Regarding the emergency situation, I know that his grandfather came back to CG and told my girlfriend Melissa that he’s doing ok, a little confused, and had a concussion. They can’t tell for sure if he actually had a seizure because nobody actually saw him go down. I’m just glad that we caught it early enough to act quickly and get the paramedics and his grandfather there as quickly as possible.

Pete, if you’re reading this, we ALL hope you’re ok and we hope to see you back at CG8, healthy and well.