Changes Shmanges... all I want to know?

dhalsim

Did they buff his damage other than the super?

Let Champ’s twitter messages answer your question:

[LEFT]fchampryan Ryan Ramirez
[/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Arial]Dhalsims Overall damage in 2012 is the same …[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Helvetica Neue]fchampryan Ryan Ramirez
[/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Arial]Is abel gonna be the new 8-2??[/FONT][/LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Arial]6-4’s akuma , vega , bison , gouken , yang , rufus , blanka , adon , chunli , juri[/FONT][/LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Arial]7-3’s viper , makoto , yun , cammy , elfuerte , feilong , seth , ibuki[/FONT][/LEFT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

It’s almost like Capcom is trying to convince me to play SC2. :stuck_out_tongue:

Abel Dhalsim 8-2… Nah hommie

I think Abel’s strongest incarnation was Chocolate super… if it wasn’t 8-2 then, it’s not 8-2 now…

[LIST]
[]Tornado throw wasn’t “buffed”, it had it’s damaged RETURNED to what it was in super.
[/LIST]
[LIST]
[
]the return of Abel’s down fierce is hardly relevant in this match.
[/LIST]
[LIST]
[]The nerf Abel got to his roll recovery wasn’t erased from AE… In SSF4, the fact that Abel’s rolls only had 1 frame of recovery is one factor amongst many that made this match up super easy. As far as the developers blog goes, the increase of recovery the rolls got in AE haven’t been reverted so Dhalsim still gets his punishes.
[/LIST]
[LIST]
[
]Ultra 2 buff - The buff to breathless is’nt relevant in this match up… Abel is strike invincible now during his dash… So what? It still has 10 frames start up, lots of recovery on whiff and on cancel, and it’s damage reduction in AE hasn’t been reverted. Besides, in Super, breathless’s utility never came from his super armor but it’s travel speed. Since the beginning, it’s always been able to punish sim’s backdashes/ teleports and instant overhead on hit… this isn’t anything new!
[/LIST]
[LIST]
[*]What else? Abel’s Ultra 1 (Souless) still has it’s damage reduction from AE! His health is still at super levels; 1050
[/LIST]
So help me out here, Am i missing something? If this match really is 8-2 it would mean that it’s skewed harder now than it’s ever been, do you guys feel Abel’s and Dhalsim’s changes are this drastic as to really take this match up this far?

Discuss…

Should I redirect this discussion to another thread? Seems kinda out of place now that I look at it…

Sorry guys, heat of the moment type of post; I’ll relocate it if necessary.

To answer your original question, I just DL’ed AE2012 and checked it out in training mode. Unless I missed something, all the damage but super is the same. I didn’t check stun, sorry.

lk/mk blast are definitely faster now. I was able to link super off a mid screen mk blast, but it was heavily spacing dependent. You can do HK blast > U1 > Super for 646 damage, but as best I can tell, they have be totally cornered with you more or less right on them.

That’s about all I found in 3 minutes.

One of the best buffs ever for sim in all versions : the new st.Lp. Now, you can do st.LP xx YFlame ex ! You can punish every -4 blocked move that were too far to throw.

Now, I’m looking for any hidden changes…

guys, trust fchamp…i personally tried ps3 patch and it seems like every matchup other than yfy became harder. even the twins were still hard to deal with. devastated now. sim’s gonna be in c tier

Alright now… Come on. We have to keep in mind that this is day ONE! We’re all still adjusting to changes and we’re all going to have different experiences with it. I lost to my buddy, who plays Fei, about 3 times with the patch because I was playing as if it was 2011 Fei. I adjusted and ended up beating him the rest of the night with Sim. I’m just saying that until we can adjust to these changes, we shouldn’t be jumping to conclusions. Playing a slightly different game, adjusting your strategy, and already picking Sim to be bad isn’t gonna help your game at all. Let it grow.

I play Mortal Kombat also and believe me, with all of those changes that have happened to it, people just want to jump to conclusions. Then they ultimately end up wrong almost all of the time.