Changing from SE to TE, Harder than expected :\

So I’ve been playing with my Standard Edition fightstick for about 6 months now (Modded everything: Buttons, stick, all sanwa). For the holidays, my girlfriend got me a SSFIV Tournament Edition sitck. Now, it’s a bit nerve wrecking because it took me quite a long time to get good with the stick and now that I started using the TE…my execution isn’t as good as it used to be, it just seems…sloppy.

The stick inside the TE just doesn’t feel…the same? if that makes sense. The stick I was originally using in my SE is Sanwa JLF-TP-8T Ball Handle Joystick, 4 & 8-Way Adjustable. What kind of stick is in the TE because they’re definitely not the same. Which one is better?

Has anyone else had a similar issue? Changing from SE to TE and not being as efficient? It’s strange. I thought it would be a simple transformation but apparently not.

The TE also uses a JLF model stick. There are some slight differences between JLFs sometimes. It might just be that the TE JLF isn’t broken in yet.

if you’re talking about the tension being different, then you can just swap them.

Just keep playing and get used to it. All kinds of people go between several different sticks regularly. It’s not something dramatic enough to take any measures beyond simply getting used to it.

it’ll take awhile to get used to it. Once you do, it’ll be worth it.

Your old one is probably broken in somewhat. The new one is? new.

i got two TE’s in the mail today, ive been using a r1 te the entire time.

It feels different, its weird. It has the same stick and same kind of buttons, they all feel much tighter (my older one is more than likely just worn in)

Its just something youll have to expect when using different sticks. eventually youll get used to it

Excuses, excuses…