Char specific Combos : Hurtbox madness

akuma

Because of some characters weird hitboxes on hit while crouching, some insane combos works. I was looking for the cl HP xx meaty fireball that allow a following link without FADC, and FA lvl2 crumple combos.

Check it out
No idea if old news but I think worth a refresh.

===========================
El Fuerte in corner crouching

:d: :mp: , cl :hp: xx LP Fireball, sweep

Chun li : in corner crouching

:d: :mp: , cl :hp: xx any fireball, sweep
cl :hp: xx any fireball, EX SRK connect 2 hits only (312) for 1 meter
cl :hp: xx any fireball, HP SRK (313) for 0 meter
:d: :lp: , cl :hp: xx any fireball, HP SRK (283)
:d: :lp: , cl :hp: xx any fireball, EX SRK (311)
j. :hk: , :d: :mp: , cl :hp: xx any fireball, LP SRK (342)
:d: :mp: , :d: :mp: xx fireball, FADC , cl :hp: xx any fireball, EX SRK (369), 3 meters
:d: :mp: , cl :hp: xx any fireball, :d: :mk: xx fireball FADC, :d: :hp: xx LK tatsu HP SRK (409) damage for 2 meters.
j. :hp: , cl :hp: xx LP fireball, FADC, cl :hp: xx LP fireball, FADC, cl :hp: xx LP fireball, HP SRK (473) full meter

Maybe with godlike execution someone can do :
cl :hp: xx LP fireball, walk 1 frame, cl :hp: HK tatsu, FADC, cl :hp: LK tatsu, SRK
This one would be a pain for her. The damage of a full bar combo for half the price.

Chun Li : crouching mid screen

cl :hp: xx LP fireball, sweep
and of course : jump :mk: , :d: :lp: , cl :hp: xx LP fireball, sweep
cl :hp: xx LP fireball, FA2 works too but point blank :hp: and hold FA almost to lvl 3 to reach far.

Rufus : crouching mid screen

:d: :mp: :d: :lp: :d: :lp: :d: :mp: :d: :hk:
Works in corner and mid screen, with cancelled jabs or linked.

EDIT : Removed some useless info like cl :hp: xx lp fireball, FA2 as it’s almost guaranteed on most of the chars, sometimes very tight, and rarely impossible. I’m trying to find some cl :hp: CH FADC cl :hp: combos but it’s hard to find them the training engine can’t provide a first hit CH and if all the combo’s hits are CH that makes no sense.
More to come I hope.

We already defeated Sheng-long! The Akuma Video Thread
We already defeated Sheng-long! The Akuma Video Thread

On Chun li
cl :hp: xx LP fireball, walk, cl :hp:
works but I can’t cancel to fireball all I can do is SRK because of the forward input for the walk in …

Thanks for sharing.

I’ve noticed in some combo’s you mention ‘LP fireball’ and in others you say ‘any fireball’, I thought they all come out at the same speed when cancelling a normal into a fireball regardless of what version you use?

It’s because of how far the projectile moves. It’s most noticeable on a crouching Chun Li.

do all normal fireballs have the same startup and recovery?

Yep. 14 frames startup, 30 frames recovery.

The thing fireballs have different travel speed and is it’s not point blank when you release the fireball and they have some distance to travel before hitting the opponent. This small distance makes a lot of difference on some hurtbox shifting as you will notice trying those combos yourself.

Problem is, I rarely ever get to play against Chun Li so it would be worthwhile to spend some time vs her in training mode lol

I wish this could be done on more chars…

I don’t play SF4, but I saw this thread and put my disc in because it seemed fun to try. All on crouching Chun in the corner.

j.HK, cl.HP, LP Hadou, walk cl.HP, LP Hadou FADC, cr.HP, LK Tatsu, HP Shoryu/sweep 477/459

j.HK, cl.HP, LP Hadou, walk cl.HP, LP Hadou FADC, cl.HP, LP Hadou, walk cl.HP, LP Hadou, cr.HK 479

j.HK, cl.HP, LP Hadou, walk cl.HP, LP Hadou FADC, cl.HP, LP Hadou, walk cl.HP, LP Hadou FADC, cr.HP, LK Tatsu, HP Shoryu/sweep 502/496

Also, lol. CH cl.HP, LP Hadou, far HK connects, but you can’t be right next to Chun when you hit with HP.

Damn I just realised conter-hit option works only on the first hit. I can be so stupid sometimes…
Good job doing this walk in hado without SRK. That’s impressive.
I tryed fishing for something with a cl HP HK tatsu FA2 or FADC but there’s no hurtbox dance like after a cr MP, cl HP on crouchers.

On a crouching Chun CH cl HP make any cancel to fireball whiff unless max range cl HP.
And cl :hp: (CH) xx lp fireball, st :hk: , cr:mp: , lk Tatsu, HP SRK (409 damage) (0 meter)