Hopefully this thread gets stickied by a moderator.
This is a hopefully going to guide new players to which player they choose.
Here I will try to fill this first post with the style of play, advantages and disadvantages, and unique/interesting points of each character.
New players who are unsure who to pick can look here for ideas.
To start off:
The Good Side Of Oro:
- Unusual/unique fight style (If you are used to Ryu/Ken, this will be very different)
- Long stun bar (hard to get stunned)
- Above average stamina.
- His hits deal good stun to the other player
- His body size and shape makes him a difficult/impossible target for some combos
- He is short, many attacks will miss if he crouches (he can dash pass fireballs iirc)
- He is fast. Excellent dashes. Good for escape, pressure.
- MP into Stomp repeat juggling combo, these juggles gain EX bar quickly
- Tengu Stone Super Art can deal cheap and crazy damage
- Excellent pokes and poke strings. Good damage.
- Pokes are long and decent speed. Can space yourself from enemy.
- Good keep away game. But you can be aggressive/unorthodox (watch Thanatos)
The Weak Side Of Oro:
- No other long combos outside of MP -> Stomp (aka Chicken Combo)
- Hard to punish people.
- Therefore you cannot make long combos without Super Art
- Hard to begin offense from distance, unlike Ken and Chun with her SA2.
- Therefore usually resort to pokes unless you have a chance to start MP->Stomp (unless you play like Thanatos)
- In the end, no reliable and consistent offense.
- He can jump again/change directions after he jumps once (this can deviate him from fireballs, attacks, even Super Arts, brings offensive options)
- Yogyou Dama Super Art unblockables
- Can do tricky stomp after he jumps in. Up to 8 hits iirc.
- Fastest back dash in the game. Urien has the fastest forward dash.
- Can grab you when you stick out a punch or kick with his HCB + P
- His EX fireball is handy and tricky (can pressure the enemy well)
- Each of his 3 Super Art has an alternative (EX) version
- Tengu Stone can deal some much damage it turns the match around. Very hard to get out of the corner against a good Oro with Tengu Stone activated.
To sum up, Oro has most of the top traits that you need to own, but he just does not have ways to link into big combos outside of the Chicken Combo. And you must get close to start the Chicken Combo. So a lot of people would probably just play keep away, and then they look for a chance to do Chicken Combo and/or Tengu Stone juggles/corner trap.