Charge characters on stick

I got a stick for christmas today and I can’t seem to figure out how to properly do charge moves. Is there a proper technique to use the charge characters? I want to use rog, guile, and deejay.

Use the square gate as a guide.

When charging, be sure to tuck the stick into the Downback corner, then flick it to forward (or up) + Button.
Its going to take some getting use to for sure. You might be getting the joystick inputs right but mistiming the button press. Training mode with inputs turned on should be helpful

if this is your first stick make sure you keep in mind itll take a while before you can be accurate. possibly a month, just hang in there.

Thanks guys. Yes this is my first stick. I didn’t realize that it would take so long to get the hang of a simple sonic boom. But thank you. I will keep on practicing.

at first just walk back 3 steps then press forward + an attack button.

once you get that, keep messing with the timing till you get it spot on (2 and a half steps etc)

Get a proper hold on the stick too. Link to video of what I mean: [media=youtube]PsME37GrqjY[/media]

I would ignore this type of advice. I’ve never met anyone who is actually good who knows the name of the grip they use. Just hold the stick however it is comfortable.

Also, read the execution sticky. It might help you.

HC, did you get that thing I sent you? :stuck_out_tongue:
Remember your ABCs: Always Be Charging! XD