Games were changed since only 8 people showed and we had one TV. We essentially voted on the different games we’d play, then played them. This was actually one of the funnest tournaments I’ve run since everybody actually sat and watched the games.
- Chi Kaufmann “ilikebeingalive” - MSP, Sent/Storm/Cyke, MS^2
- Chris Trahan “STR8EDGE” - Strider/Doom/Sent, MS^2, Sent/Cable/IM, Mag/Sent/Cable, Storm/Sent/Cable, Juggy/Sent/Cable
- Nasir Riley “Naslectronical” - Sent/IM/Mag, Sent/Mag/Cyke, Sent/Cable/Cyke, Team Scrub
- Josh McWhorter “Icege” - Santhrax, Mag/Cable/Doom, Storm/Sent/Cyke
- Birdie Yang “DontFlyAgain” - Mag/Cable/Doom, Mag/Cable/Sent, Mag/Cable/IM
- David Dumas “Dead Reckoning” - Sent/Cable/Guile, Cable/Sent/Doom, Team Scrub, Sent/Cable/Jin
- Thomas Towry “thahurricane” - Team Scrub, Spider-man/Cable/Cyke, CapCom/Spider/IM, Spider/Cyke/IM
- Joseph Yang “JosephYang” - Cyke/Cable/Doom, Cable/Spider/Hayato, Spider/Cable/Wolverine
Chi finally wins MvC2! Nasir returns to MvC2! I can’t beat Sentinel! Wee! I don’t have the brackets with me so I can’t say which game it was, but the finals between Chi and Chris were pretty good. I think it went into the second set, but I remember Chi having Cyclops left vs. Chris’ Cable. Timer was down to 2, Chris lands from a grenade, and Chi let’s loose a MOB, mashing to chip him just enough for the win when time runs out.
- Josh McWhorter “Icege” - Combot (Steve/Julia/Law/Paul), Lee, Craig
- David Dumas “Dead Reckoning” - Lei, Yoshimitsu, Kuma, Steve, Heihachi
- Chris Trahan “STR8EDGE” - Bryan
- Thomas Towry “thahurricane” - Law, Christie
- Chi Kaufmann “ilikebeingalive” - Jin
- Birdie Yang “DontFlyAgain” - Kuma, Steve, Julia, Law, Paul
- Joseph Yang “JosephYang” - Combot (Steve), Steve, Jin
- Nasir Riley “Naslectronical” - Combot (Jin/Yoshimitsu), Jin, Lei
Good games Dave in the winners’ and grand finals. Heihachi’s Hell Sweeps and ff+1+2 pwn me :(. Thomas scrubbed Chi out by mashing with Christie, and Chris got third with random ff+2 and d/f+3s for the win. Toooo… stroooong… :lol:
- Birdie Yang “DontFlyAgain” - Ken SAIII, Urien SAIII, Ryu SAI, Yang SAII, Alex SAII
- Chris Trahan “STR8EDGE” - Dudley SAIII, Urien SAIII, Akuma SAI, Sean SAI, Q SAI, Twelve SAII, Oro SAIII, Necro SAIII
- Chi Kaufmann “ilikebeingalive” - Ken SAIII, Alex SAII, Urien SAIII, Q SAI
- Josh McWhorter “Icege” - Yun SAIII, Makoto SAII, Alex SAII
- Nasir Riley “Naslectronical” - Ken SAI, Ken SAIII, Chun-li SAII
- Thomas Towry “thahurricane” - Yang SAI, Remy SAII
- Joseph Yang “JosephYang” - Ryu SAI
- David Dumas “Dead Reckoning” - Ken SAIII
Dave left before he could play. He had shit to do. Though he woulda played Ken. I don’t know why he doesn’t play Oro SAIII like Chris does . Finals between Chris and Birdie were fun as Hell to watch. Chris might’ve won if he had listened to me and picked Ibuki :bluu:. I beat Remy! But yea… finals were awesome. Urien vs. Urien. Both gots no life, Chris gets knocked down, Birdie walks out and sticks out a c.mk, Chris parries on the wake up and powabombas for the win. Then gets ass pounded in the last game. Mmmm… too close.
I’m thinking for the tournament this Sunday that when we get to the Grand Finals’ for each game, we’ll just stop and finish up. Once the other 2 or 3 games are done, we’ll do the finals on one TV. We did 3 and got out right around 6:30pm with one TV, so that ain’t bad. As long as we have 2-3 TVs, we can do 4 games. CvS2, T4, 3S, and GGXX this week?
Btw, Thomas, once again, get some stoppers for your stick to cover the screws so we don’t carve I Heart You in the table with it when we play. Otherwise, you’ll have to use somebody else’s.