** Charlotte , NC , Oct 11th **

I just rolled back into GA and it’s 1:15 am but I’m reasonably sure there are still quite a few matches still left going on in Charlotte right now in CvS2 , MvC2 and possibly still 3S . Turn out was great (especially for 3S :D) and the competition level was high with “surprise” entrant justin Wong making the trip down from NYC with Arturo and Josh Wong to heat things up .

I ran the A3 brackets which had a smaller than expected turn-out but it was fun and over quickly (unlike CvS2 which was forced to be run in single match brackets with more entries than any other game featured even MvC2)

Here then are the final A3 results…

1st Arturo Sanchez
2nd Justin Wong
3rd J (???)
4th Lamont Price
5th Eric Lee
5th Derrick Q
7th Kevin Michael
7th Nhan
9th Ted King (Dhalsim scrub)
9th DL Barnes
9th Sami Ackerman
9th Anthony Carr
13th Jordan Harvey

Thanks to the Mindboggle staff for another great tournament and especially for all the room deodorizer which kept the stench to a more bearable level .

Ted

…oh , and Zero in SvC goes beyond broken . Arturo had 40+ wins using Zero’s unblockable set-ups into the infinite and ‘cursing’ his opponets forcing them to eat 3 reppaken combos then hitting them with the slide super:lame:

damn sounds like fun… wish i could have made it. i would have loved to play a3! also would have liked to have seen art’s take on svc. i haven’t really touched zero yet.

congrats to the winners, hope i can make the next one…

haha damn ted already beat me to it.:smiley: tourney was great i think. i mean it was really hectic when everyone was showing up. there was no room to walk anywhere. im surprised 3s ended first since it was the last one to start. but for recap and results i guess, we had 42 entries for cvs2, 37 for mvc2, 32+ish for 3s, and bout 11-15 for the other games. this is all i can remember.

mvc2
1.justin wong…too fuking good
2. rick mears…philly representing
3.isaac graham…kewl seeing u again
4. darick perez…good shiet man
5. julian robertson
5. perry griffith

cvs2

1. arturo sanchez
  2. justin wong
  3. jody
  4. darick perez
  5. lucious clayton
  6. jason harding

thats i can remember. i’ll get the official results tommorow after work. watching justin ocving everyone was a blast. it just goes to show how much gap there is between him and everyone else. cvs2 took way too long to finish. 3 am is not a good time to end a tourney. the sticks were iffy but no one really complained. everyone had their fair share of fuk ups. turn out was crazy. i can tell u this right now, we are definitely not holding 6 games for the next tourney. maybe 4-5 but 6, too crazy.

new buttons and new joysticks are in the works. next major tourney will most likely be held around dec or jan. imma find an exact date so people can request days off and us not having to overlap other tourneys. good shiet guys. i hope u guys made it home safely.

lates.

well i forgot to thank all the people that showed up. especially ted and mike for helping run brackets. that took such a huge weight off of our shoulders.i would also like to say it was kewl seeing everyone again. espcially all of md, local nc, and everyone else. this tourney was way too huge. especially for a small arcade like mindboggle. im thinking the next tourney, we gonna hold mvc2, 3s, cvs2, and ttt. we definitely need another cvs2 board if we wanna do 2 out of 3 or wat not. but i hope the next tourney will be much better than this one. not saying that this one was bad or anything but i really wanna put mindboggle on the map. much love to everyone and see u guys next time.

That tourney was really good, exceeded my expectations… if you missed it, you missed a DAMN good one…

I’m thinking late January for next time (don’t do it all close to the holidays, plz).

Hope everybody got back safe; more from me later.

Ya this was a great tournament was a lot of fun, can’t wait for the next one. As for me, I was dissapointed with my results, but hey can’t win them all!

WTF went wrong James P. Jason H. How the fuck Jody do better than the both of you? Now the Don must come out of retirement and crush everyone. Even Skisonic won a tournament.

Good shit Issac. I see Rick Mears got in that ass though. I’ll bust his shit, lucky I wasn’t there what happend to Pete? Wtf no st?

Hey what happend to killa Shammy and lilDave?

WTF went wrong James P. Jason H. How the fuck Jody do better than the both of you? Now the Don must come out of retirement and crush everyone. Even Skisonic won a tournament.

Good shit Issac. I see Rick Mears got in that ass though. I’ll bust his shit, lucky I wasn’t there what happend to Pete? Wtf no st?

cuz JP a bum and u a bum too…:lol:

Damn… posting 3 of the same shit… must be desperate for some attention there guy…

The very first thing I’d like to do is take a moment to apologize to Eric. V. and Darick P. I made some inferences regarding their attendance on the last few tournies prior to this; it was done in jest, but I had no way of knowing anything about their desire/reasons as far as that was concerned. Those two really helped raise the bar in Charlotte before Art and others started coming down, and our scene was better off for it. My bad, fellas.

The tournies all got started rather late, but that’s the only knock I have on the affair… well, I guess next time you can spread the machines out more. I got to finally meet some people (like Koop & Gammadynamite) besides chilling with all the familiar & semi-familiar faces. Everybody was mad cool, I mean everybody… :cool:

Thanks to all of the Mindboggle staff, excellent job. Thanks to non-employees that helped too, like Stinemire holding down 2 brackets, RoTeNdO (& others) with camera work & Jim “RekkaKen” bringing the TV/console along, just to name a few.

Big up to my Durham headz, you all did us very proud. I’m the only one who didn’t really put in any work… :(:lol: Still very satisfying to test your might against your game’s best player in the whole wide world in casual. Darrell ( “Seor Cl!” :lol: ), Lu, Shaun, Chad, Jeff (“Paul Shell” - you crazy, man :lol: )… good $hit.

Art, it got too late, I had to go on home. We’ll do that tr33 next time.

Isaac, good $hit, and good to see you man. Thanks for the kind words on my match. :slight_smile:

Dan (GammaD), we finally crossed paths… stay cool, and thanks for the bigman tips! :smiley:

Koop, you are mad funny and a cool cat as well…

Jose, Yosef, good $hit in 3S. Charlotte Josh, rugged Shaun, Israel, Dee, Thra, Jimmy, Brandon & all the Queen City headz; nice work & a solid Marvel showing.

Fayetteville CvS2 is still the truth. Hickory repped as well.

Colin has mad all-around game; much respect. Props to Perry on his Marvel performance as well, very impressive.

Shoutout to Jay the security guard; him hanging around the 2nd half probably got the jakes (real & fake) to stop sweating us so much, & he turned out to be pretty cool.

SC, GA, MD, VA, AL, other NC locations… just too many people to shout out. Stay up, fellas.

Thanks to everybody for attending, from the “big names” on down to little ol’ me… see y’all next time.

BTW, for anybody wondering, I was the black guy with glasses & a white/beige striped knit shirt that was constantly smoking outside.

:frowning: … Of all the ones to miss, I miss this one.

Jive Out!

yo

had mad fun at the tourney even though i did pretty good im still mad i lost to julain when i had both rounds in the bag but GG i guess thats gaming for you. and eric V sorry at the fact that you messed up your order and then played through then wanted a rematch sorry but the whole match was played before you asked for one maybe we will get a rematch one day

and buck jones you said you got home too late and and megageif and a couple other got home about 6:30-am =( back in fayetteville

Also big ups to all of the people everyone was mad cool and i got to meet alot of new people also

Word. Missed out on seeing j wong =/

Okay, now that I’m home at 4:07 pm today!! (I rested over at stinemire’s crib when we got there around 7ish earlier this morning… before playing more marvel that is :D) POKESyou, Justin, and Arturo have a safe trip back to NY and tell that Speed Racer wannabe to keep it below 15 miles over the speed limit and be careful around those damn walls!! (Cops pulled some guy ahead of us over, the light came on and I was like FUCK!! lol, shit was close and he came out of no where. One more thing, Justin tell that fool POKESyou that if I hear he didn’t score any or anything on you guys out today, Imma bust his ass! We’ll take that Georgia trip some other time, lol. (this guy wanted me to run him down there after we just got back and it was 7am! Shi’t I was done with driving.

okay, now on to more important things… ok, not so important, but the shit you want to know… official results, got these from James himself before I left. listing only up to 9th place placers.

MvC2

1st Justin Wong
2nd Rick Mears
3rd Isaac Graham
4th Darrick Perez
5th Josh Wong
5th Julian Robinson
7th Eric Valencia
7th Shawn Banks
9th Perry Griffin
9th Josh Williams
9th Nhan Neuyen
9th Colin Caldwell

3S

1st Justin Wong
2nd Arturo Sanchez
3rd yosuf Mohammed
4th Darrick Perez
5th Jose Hernandez
5th Eric Lee
7th Khang Trin
7th Darrell Kemp
9th Joey Pham
9th Mike Gamboa
9th Colin Caldwell
9th Ted King

CvS2

1st Arturo Sanchez
2nd Justin Wong
3rd Jody the Don
4th Darrick Perez
5th Jason Harding
5th Luscious Clayton
7th Josh Wong
7th Julian Robinson
9th Som D
9th Jim Sejas
9th James Paige
9th Peter Hou

A3

1st Arturo Sanchez
2nd Justin Wong
3rd Jason
4th Lamont Price
5th Eric Lee
5th Derrick Quander

SC2

1st Chet
2nd Richard
3rd Eric
4th Dan
5th Martin
5th Chad

TTT

1st Julian Robinson
2nd Eric Lee
3rd Jason Harding

philly is weak, no one in the top 5 in cvs2. good tourney could have been better. I didn’t appreciate waiting an extra 2 hours for the tourney to start just cuz NYC was late.:mad:

robbed by sticks! :frowning:

Man, this sounded like a great tourney. Wish I could have came :frowning: Well, congrats to all the winners and big ups to my Durham Peeps! Way to rep guys(Lu, Darrell, Chad especially) :wink:

Peace.

Good shit Lu. Where’s Richmond?

They didn’t show, but I do believe I see my name as 4th in SC2:D