Charting character stats, need help with Dhalsim

Just looking for input on this in general, and for each character specifically.

As stated I’d like to keep discussion for each character in the separate threads I am making in their respective sub forums, and input on the idea in general in the above thread.

Also as stated, despite discussion in this thread being open to anyone it would help me separate the wheat from the chaff if each forum could appoint someone who knows what the hell they are talking about to give me the numbers to plug into my spread sheet.

My garbage numbers for Dhalsim:

U1
Endurance - 1
Reversal ---- 2
AA ------------ 4.5
Zoning ------- 5
Rush --------- 1.5
Mix up -------- 3.5
Dmg pot ----- 3
Viability ------- 2

U2
Endurance - 1
Reversal ---- 2
AA ------------ 5
Zoning ------- 5
Rush --------- 1.5
Mix up -------- 3.5
Dmg pot ----- 3
Viability ------- 2

Other than the Endurance these are little more than place holder numbers. Input greatly appreciated.

The end result of all of this will be a spreadsheet with pull down menus to compare up to three characters like so:

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/2461/adonmak.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It would greatly help if you defined each category, so that our input would be based on the same understanding on the categories as yourself and everyone else who has given input.

Take a look here:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/t/spider-graph-tier-list/135744

Alright, here is my go:

U1
Endurance - 1
Reversal ---- 2
AA ------------ 4
Zoning ------- 5
Rush --------- 2
Mix up -------- 3,5
Dmg pot ----- 3
Viability ------- 3

U2
Endurance - 1
Reversal ---- 2
AA ------------ 4.5
Zoning ------- 5
Rush --------- 2
Mix up -------- 3
Dmg pot ----- 3.5
Viability ------- 3

I feel that Dhalsim’s mixup game is strengthened by U1, but his anti air and damage output is strenghtened with U2.

I think you might have mixed up your numbers. You have mix up higher for U1.

You are quite right! Thank you!

I personally don’t believe his damage potential is anywhere close a 3. His biggest punish outside of ultra/super is what, B. HP xx Flame? When I see the same threads from patty and people are giving Guy, Adon, Cammy, even Seth 3-4 damage potential, Dhalsim’s like a…1.5… 2 at best. If he’s 3-3.5 now what was he in super? 4? lol…

You might be right. I think I was too caught up with the thought of the ultra’s, and Id say those are 3 and 3,5, but overall, it might be 2 (U1) and 2,5 (U2)

It’s quite possible that this is the most subjective thing that I’ve ever seen in my life. Also, I think that mix-up potential is higher with Ultra 1.

Hopefully it will spark some good debate that will benefit the community. It has already helped me increase my MU knowledge, so I’m pleased.

Higher than the number I have for U2, or just higher period?

With many characters on wakeup it’s always a true 50/50. With many more characters without ex it’s a true 50/50. With some match-up knowledge it can be a 50-50 even with meter, with the appropriate setup. What is an example of an ultra with a mix-up rating of 4 or 5? Damage potential with U2 is higher than with U1.

Maximum damage is probably the biggest factor in determining the Damage Potential number but opportunities to deal any damage should be considered as well. It seems to me that he gets guaranteed damage on such a large part of the cast during his zoning game that his number needed increasing from what you would think of based on raw numbers.

I gave Gen a higher number than you might think due to how easily he can land his Super, plus his Super into Ultra set ups.

Generally speaking don’t use the numbers I provide in my initial posts for each character as much more than placeholder values.

It is absolutely NOT guaranteed damage. Dhalsim probably has one of the hardest ways to deal real damage out of all the characters when you play against people who know what they’re doing. Outside of the nerfs he received and the bad match ups he got in AE, one of the biggest reasons why I barely play Dhalsim anymore is because when I’m playing against guys like Sanford, Jeron, Henry Cen etc etc, it’s extremely hard to deal damage when they know how to approach him. (But that could also be because everyone knows the Dhalsim matchup in NY).

All this mixup/damage potential you guys are including is when Dhalsim has ultra/super. Who DOESN’T deal huge damage with Ultra or super stocked? That shouldn’t be that much of a factor since quite a bit of characters have useful ways of connecting their ultras lol.

And I took the numbers from the respective threads of Ryu, Seth, Adon etc that you posted to get those numbers from their communities.