Charting character stats, need help with Gief

zangief

Just looking for input on this in general, and for each character specifically.

As stated I’d like to keep discussion for each character in the separate threads I am making in their respective sub forums, and input on the idea in general in the above thread.

Also as stated, despite discussion in this thread being open to anyone it would help me separate the wheat from the chaff if each forum could appoint someone who knows what the hell they are talking about to give me the numbers to plug into my spread sheet.

My garbage numbers for Gief:

U1
Endurance - 5
Reversal ---- 4
AA ------------ 4
Zoning ------- 2
Rush --------- 2.5
Mix up -------- 2.5
Dmg pot ----- 5
Viability ------- 2.5

U2
Endurance - 5
Reversal ---- 4
AA ------------ 4.5
Zoning ------- 2
Rush --------- 2.5
Mix up -------- 2.5
Dmg pot ----- 5
Viability ------- 2.5

Other than the Endurance these are little more than place holder numbers. Input greatly appreciated.

The end result of all of this will be a spreadsheet with pull down menus to compare up to three characters like so:

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/2461/adonmak.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Spider graph "tier list"

This is my personal opinion, seeing as noone has posted yet.

U1
Endurance - 5 (He has most life in the game shared with T.Hawk, as with stun)
Reversal ---- 3.5 ( He cannot use one reversal to counter a Number of things, he also needs atleast one bar to do reverals, and to make a reversal semi safe he needs 3 bars.)
AA ------------ 4(Lariat is great quick and powerful, but loses to something Dragon Punchers can destroy)
Zoning ------- 2.5(Can control space at an average rate.)
Rush --------- 1(No walkspeed, slow jump, no specials that safely moves you forward, no ability to rush you down)
Mix up -------- 3(Gets fair dmg of of mixups, can force guesses especially after hard knockdown.
Dmg pot ----- 4(Has the potential to deal extreme dmg, but not as consistantly as say Abel.)
Viability ------- 3(Usable, suffers bad matchup, and limitations.

U2
Endurance - 5
Reversal ---- 3.5
AA ------------ 4( I dont feel like the AA should get a 0.5 extra for U2, as its rarely used as an anti air vs most characters. And those it is used as an anti air, are mistimign their jumpins.)
Zoning ------- 2.5
Rush --------- 1
Mix up -------- 3.5(Can make more guessing game after EX-Hand and spd, can also create a mixup when jumping in, though weak.)
Dmg pot ----- 4
Viability ------- 3

zangief’s damage output is below average.
almost every character has combos does more damage than zangief’ spd
and zangief’s combo does baby damage.