Charting character stats, need input on Dee Jay

Just looking for input on this in general, and for each character specifically.

As stated I’d like to keep discussion for each character in the separate threads I am making in their respective sub forums, and input on the idea in general in the above thread.

Also as stated, despite discussion in this thread being open to anyone it would help me separate the wheat from the chaff if each forum could appoint someone who knows what the hell they are talking about to give me the numbers to plug into my spread sheet.

My garbage numbers for Dee Jay:

U1
Endurance - 3
Reversal ---- 3.5
AA ------------ 4
Zoning ------- 4
Rush --------- 2.5
Mix up -------- 3
Dmg pot ----- 3
Viability ------- 1.5

U2
Endurance - 3
Reversal ---- 3.5
AA ------------ 4
Zoning ------- 4
Rush --------- 2.5
Mix up -------- 3
Dmg pot ----- 3
Viability ------- 1.5

Other than the Endurance these are little more than place holder numbers. Input greatly appreciated.

The end result of all of this will be a spreadsheet with pull down menus to compare up to three characters like so:

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/2461/adonmak.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ОК

Endurance - 3 (mid endurance )
Reversal ---- 1 ( no rialable options to escape pressing, one of the crappiest reversal game)
AA ------------ 2 ( most of normal moves - piece of shit, only upkick useful)
Zoning ------- 3 ( mid projectile, good walk speed, but bad normal moves, no command moves, not a guile:rofl:)
Rush --------- 2
Mix up -------- 2 (only knee drop/ crossup , thats not enough:()
Dmg pot ----- 2 (low damage, hard combobility, limited range)
Viability ------- ?

No offence, mate, I’m sure you didn’t mean it to be, but this entire idea is kind of flame-bait. Apart from the issues people have raised in the home thread about trying to quantify individually characters in a game that’s matchup-based, Your categories are things that people haven’t even come close to thrashing out solid numbers for, even within a character community.

You will get people here saying that Dee Jay’s mixup is awful and predictable and that his zoning is the key to victory, an you will get people saying the exact opposite. There’s nothing close to a consensus that can be quantified in terms of 1-5. All you’re going to achieve is get people arguing over whether something is a 3 or a 4. Ultimately, because your numbers are based on the minimum and maximum values for the rest of the cast, we would have to consider the damage potential for every other character in the game before we would be able to accurately state what Dee Jay’s damage potential is. The same goes for every other category on your list.

The “viability” category is virtually meaningless, and is obviously likely to stir up argument rather than thoughtful discussion.

Finally, specifically for a character like Dee Jay, there’s no “standing authority” on Dee Jay that everyone can rally behind, and a lot of people are still trying to figure out the best ways of making the character work.

There’s a reason the Street Fighter community uses tier lists rather than numerical grades for character attributes. You would have a lot more luck if you limited your analysis to just one category and tried to be as empirical as possible. For example, it might be interesting to try to come up with a tier list for the entire cast only in terms of zoning, compiled through interviews and consultations with each community, rather than simple numerical indicators. Clearly characters like Dhalsim, Guile and Sagat would rank highly, but it might be interesting to see who’s considered to have the weakest zoning game in the cast.

I hope I’m wrong and your idea sparks brilliant debate, though. You’ve clearly put a lot of work into it.