Charting character stats, need Sagat help

Just looking for input on this in general, and for each character specifically.

As stated I’d like to keep discussion for each character in the separate threads I am making in their respective sub forums, and input on the idea in general in the above thread.

Also as stated, despite discussion in this thread being open to anyone it would help me separate the wheat from the chaff if each forum could appoint someone who knows what the hell they are talking about to give me the numbers to plug into my spread sheet.

My garbage numbers for Sagat:

U1
Endurance - 3.5
Reversal ---- 5
AA ------------ 5
Zoning ------- 5
Rush --------- 3
Mix up -------- 3
Dmg pot ----- 4.5
Viability ------- 2.5

U2
Endurance - 3.5
Reversal ---- 5
AA ------------ 5
Zoning ------- 5
Rush --------- 3
Mix up -------- 3
Dmg pot ----- 4.5
Viability ------- 2.5

Other than the Endurance these are little more than place holder numbers. Input greatly appreciated.

The end result of all of this will be a spreadsheet with pull down menus to compare up to three characters like so:

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/2461/adonmak.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Me again :smiley: (I also play Sagat)

Viability needs to go up to at least 4.0. He’s easily top 10 in the game. Not much else wrong though.

I think you have Endurance wrong?

i had this in mind.

Creating a tier list objectively breaking down the game system and catogorizing several factors such as health , damage , walkspeed, dashspeed , throw range , kara throw range , reversal etc etc and atributing a point system to to it

*Change reversal to 4.5 , its a 5-frame. easily sj

• Endurance should be 4
  • Viability maybe 3/3.5
  • Mixup and rush i guess are fine , could be slightly lower
  • U1 zoning should be changed to 4.5 u2 to 5.0

Something along those lines came up in one of the other threads. I think that is beyond the scope of what would be digestible by the targeted audience of this project. I mentioned making a tiered chart that would have a more in depth level for advanced players.

Once I finish with this project I’ll start in on the objective chart, but that will be for the2012 patch.

The viability is based off of the old January tier lists. Not great but it is what I have at the moment.

His stamina is listed as 1050 and sun at 1000 so it is correct.

Oh ,ok, I thought 3.5 meant 1025 on your table?

Can’t be as low as a 3, just can’t. I’d settle on 3.5. I still think he’s a 4. If Fei/Yun/Yang are 5’s, who’s the 4’s? Akuma maybe?

Viability is a 3.5 at lowest. You can’t have him at a 2.5 when at the most recent big event, half the teams had a sagat on them. Do you know what other characters were that well represented??? None. Sagat was the most well represented in the team bracket. The only character in the singles bracket that was represented by more than one player was akuma, but one of them was infiltration, who played Gouken the vast majority of the time. What is the criteria for his damage potential? Because without angry charge, his damage is complete crap compared to much of the cast. If you are looking at maximum damage output, I’d still put him at closer to a 4 compared to the Yun’s, Gouken’s, or even Chun’s character specific loops. If you are looking at practical damage output, which would be the go to bread and butter, there is now way that with an uppercut as shitty in damage as his yields a damage rating over a 4. Furthermore, his U2 damage potential should be lower than his U1 damage potential since the ultra does less damage. His reversal is not as good as a shoryuken, so a 5 is too high. I think 3 for rush and mix-ups is pretty good. He isn’t better than most of the cast, but he can hang with most of the cast in those departments.

Why are you hit confirming into TU? That’s the real question.