Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)

It plays like beatmania but with seimitsu buttons. Lol. But it’s infinitely times better than the PS3 pad.
I played the arcade ver as well at R1, it reminds me of pop’n. I was gonna use pop’n buttons but they’re sexpensive!!
So yeah, for now, 30mm will do until I can save up for x8 pop’n buttons or just get the Hori Diva Arcade Controller. :slight_smile:

Love all the sticks lately guys, keep up the great work!

hello to all i want i buy one of this modifiht sticks for pc,pc2 i play mame games. IF someone sell 1 of this with SANWA-SEIMITSU buttons and stick PLEASE PM!!! THANKS

Great design there.

Heres my Q4 sorry for the bad pic. Thanks Art. If I find my camera I’ll take better pictures. Now I need LEDs

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5539/11806495384_2045006b4b_z.jpg

Sorry for the PQ/Glare

[

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/JustinODST/055.jpg

[

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/JustinODST/054.jpg

[

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/JustinODST/053.jpg

did u paint that or is it retail?

it looks awesome. is it a full plexi replacement or what is it

Nice execution @TooLateForRoses . I really like it. Simple 2-3 color schemes look dope.

@lockon - Can you add a pic that shows how much the analog sticks extend above the top panel? I’m just curious.

Still WIP, need proper painting on the case (pearl black probably over this old TE case), re cut the artwork (vinyl visible on the sides…)

PS360+ & Seimitsu inside!

@DnkSigur - Very nice! Well done. Pearl black sounds cool. Can’t wait to see it finished.

Thanks @inendoi and @dej

Its just a full TOP panel replacement. Nah i didn’t do any painting. I stole the art from the shadowloo stick art series.

i love the work you did, i’m envious because I’m actually prepping my own custom project diva controller with sort of similar ideas, down to the axisdapter and hrap case…
but while we’re on topic, i have an idea that actually passed this idea on to @StarCreator, and his results were fairly positive. here’s what he did to the cheaper HORI Diva controller

(pic credit to him)

these buttons switches aren’t normally what you would see on there, its a special order switch made by Sanwa called OBS-M.
[all the information you need to know about this is here](Japanese Buttons with Cherry Switches

they are compatible with any Sanwa button, even OBSC. also these fine things called OBSF-30Q, which are dome shaped, like miniature Pop’n buttons.(this is what i’ll be using for my own custom controller actually)

I’m only mentioning this because you said pop’n buttons and beatmania. well guess what, the microswitches on that thing is exactly (or more or less) the same as bemani and pop’n buttons (75gf, but i think some bemani cabs came with 80gf standard? @DanAdamKOF). although it will feel a bit different, because of the smaller, springless button, it will still have that definitive click you get from bemani buttons.

again just posting this idea to those who are interested in modding the entry level Hori Project Diva controller or creating their own custom controllers. Clicky buttons are what arcade machines use, and this might interest people wanting a more authentic experience., ill be posting my results soon too.

I would’ve preferred the diva-pad to have tit-sticks, but that’s because I’m a horrible human being.

np! i updated my original post with pics.

Wow that’s a neat idea!! I can’t recall if the diva machine had clicky buttons but I do know beatmania does definitely. That’s something I couldn’t replicate on mine. When I said it played like beatmania, I meant the spacing of the buttons. Lol. But yeah thanks for that info!! I’ll consider getting a mini and go that route (eventually).

I was going to buy the mini diva controller and then saw @blackraen youtube vid saying the buttons on it were horrible which led him to make a custom one. But yeah my controller is inspired by his work. I don’t have woodworking skills nor the right tools so I just opted for a T5 shell and art’s plexi top panel.

Those OBSF-30Q look real cute!! I’m curious about what your plan is for the button layout.
Aside from using the OBS-M + cherryswitches for the clicky-ness, I wonder if the HBSF-30 will work?

Also thanks for the compliments everyone!! I hope miku-sama approves. XD

what did you use to color the bezel? I just got a new one for the stick i am working on and it doesn’t look right color wise so i was going to try a vinyl dye on it.

A friend of mine is coachbuilder, I made it with him, it’s a combination of vehicle paint. The bezel is painted with pro airbrush.

I already told you over Twitter, but that photo I posted was of the big controller, not the mini controller. Here’s a better view of the whole thing:

And if you want to see how it looks stock, I have some photos here: http://www.starcreator.com/features/pjdfcon

Mod was done by a friend at his workbench. Wasn’t too hard, just a couple hours needed because of all the stuff you have to take apart per button, and it really speeds up after you do a couple. During MAGFest I went ahead and did another friend’s mini-controller right in the middle of the game room:

It’s easier to take apart the mini controller buttons (which do have springs by the way, just really light ones) but some pins had to be cut off/bent where they face the support pillars - there isn’t enough room to put in a quick disconnect straight otherwise. I also had to improvise a wire extension without having any tools to do wire splices with, because the stock ground wires are just barely short enough and I had to really stretch to get a few… and one was just plain out of reach entirely. After the mod it feels like a scaled down arcade controller, as it should be.

Huge thanks goes again to hibachifinal for confirming this was feasible, and mr.mortified for some helpful advice and moral support while I was doing the mini controller mod.

I just received a package from b15sdm. This was an unexpected commission for me.

While I’ve been long out of both the fighting game and custom stick building scene, an opportunity arose for me to get a stick done by Sam and I couldn’t resist. I’m not going to post pics because I want to let Sam do that as the artist. But I have to reiterate my stance that Sam is one of the few that take this hobby and really make it into an art form.

Thanks to both Sam and Per for the opportunity to own this stick!

~Paik

Quick B15, we want to see!

**NSFW ** **NSFW ** http://i.imgur.com/zSeffbw.jpg **NSFW ** **NSFW **

i know i know, i’m the worst.