Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)

[quote=“RobbyRocks, post:26600, topic:73936”]

Basic bitch aka my first time using photoshop, just getting into fighting games, and its my first arcade stick. Ordered some Sanwa buttons & joystick for my brawl stick, still on the way. Lamilamed my design at fedex then stuck it on. Pretty happy with it!

Robby, I tried to do a carbon fiber adhesive on the bottom plate of my SCV and I have a whole new respect for anyone who gets that shit to stick right their first time. Good job!

Clear Purple Sanwa?! I NEED THOSE!

Injustice Fight Stick

The build quality is amazing. The case itself is on par with Madcatz if not better. The side bezel is rubberized and feels like the surface of the first generation Deathadder mouse from Razer. The plexi is durable however any scratches or differences in the surface will glow from the LED lighting therefor dried sweat, scratches and bumps will glow on the surface including the edges of the plexi and the screw holes will glow. The overall weight of the stick very very light. It is half the weight of the Madcatz SE. You have a detachable cable. The bottom is rubberized.

I changed the bat top to a spare ball top and washer. Both fit on the stock stick.

The buttons feel like Sanwa but they squeak sometimes when the side of plunger rubs against the rim of the button.

You cannot access the stick from the bottom panel, only the buttons can be accessed. The top panel requires a hex key for the screws.

The bottom panel has walls to keep cables organized and perhaps to keep dust out.

The stick is square gate and has is similar to that of the JLF in respect to its design, however, it is VERY loose. The throw and engage distance is almost twice that of the Sanwa JLF.

Buttons are individually lit and has a cable going to each one.

So other than the joystick replacement balltop, everything else is stock??!! That’s crazy that with the game was under 200.

I really want one of those now.

Like.

Really want. +_+

@kaihong thank you thank you thank you for posting the pics of the inside!!!111!

I’m gonna have fun with that one… Can’t wait for it to get here!

So I took apart the stick.

The one that is green is stock from the Injustice fight stick. It looks just like one from my Sanwa JLF? Even says Omron on it. Same size and pin and everything… it’s just green.

The mounts are nearly identical as well…
Below is Sanwa

Below is what’s in the Injustice fight stick

So I got curious…
Sanwa switches and gate were swapped into it. I booted up the game and it worked FLAWLESSLY.

Also, the injustice gate fit perfectly into the sanwa stick

HOWEVER, something didn’t feel quite right after I did that… So I took a pen and drew circles to confirm something

That’s almost exactly like same joystick that comes with a QanbaQ1CUT. it’s a decent JLF Clone imo.

Down to my final 2 sticks. These will hold down the fort for the foreseeable future… Just bought a house, so all of my fun money is gone for a WHILE!!!

Soul Cal TE - Modded with Black Arthong Plexi and Smoke TE-S sides from Mad Catz. Looks so much like a HSHG now. LOVE this stick!

Arcana Heart 2 HRAP. Dual Modded with a PS360+. Beautiful stick that plays great too. Went the full route with Pink Tech Flex inside. Love it!

Good job on disecting the injustice stick. I always wondered what was inside. Does the case have metal panels or is it entirely plastic? Im guessing it doesnt seeing as its soo light weight. I must admit, I never expected them to install leds in the buttons like that. Any chance you can open one of the buttons so we can see what they are using? Looks like a KN insert type board.
Also, the restrictor gate on the injustice is smaller than sanwa so shouldnt that give a shorter throw? This injustice stick has me very curious.

Edit: just realised the injustice restrictor gate has Qanba written on it. Lol

@kaihong Can you measure the case dimensions?
Thanks

The entire case is plastic. In fact it is basically all rubberized outside. The sides/surroundings of case can be removed much like the TE stick. Perhaps those that wish to have wooden sides can mod it like so. To do so, I believe the screws are inside the case if accessed from the bottom and they would be along the side walls. The stock stick is very poor after playing all night. The spring is too loose and that gives the impression of a large distance (throw/engage). It felt less large when I dropped the battop for a ball top. When you press the stick downwards into the body of the case and then move the stick slowly, it makes a squeaking noise as it grinds itself away. My guess is that there is no lubrication at all as it feels exactly like a ball joint from Lego/K’nex. The buttons do a bit better in terms of quality. However, for quality, they are no better than those of Madcatz SE stock buttons as they stick to the bottom sometimes, stick to the sides sometimes. In general they press down well (somewhere between sanwa and seimitsu buttons in terms of feeling) but the problem lies in how the button comes back up.

Confirming that the art is printed under the plexi.

Pressing.

Plunger.

The LED boards are held down by two clips on bottom of the button. You can see the clear ticks/taps are north and south of the button rim just beside the holes on the wall. The portion of PCB that exist under these clips is very minimal therefore taking out these LED boards would be a delicate process. My attempts almost rendered this button broken. Also, in order to remove the microswitch you must remove the LED boards first. Since I couldn’t get the boards out by hand (no tools on me other than a screw driver) I was able to compare the microswitches to Sanwa ones. However I do suspect that the microswitches are interchangeable.

^aaaannnd… those seem to be the same exact qanba buttons from Q1 minus the clear color and LED pcb+extra hole for the JST connector.
The microswitches are very similar to what seimitsu/hori uses. And I did try Sanwa switches on qanba buttons and it does fit.

its just strange to me that PDP uses qanba parts… I wonder what kind of deal went through lol.

Awesome. Thanks for all the pics kaihong. Is there a compartment for the detachable cord? Is the artwork glued on? On top, under the art, are there screws for the JLF mount? What’s the pulse setting for the lights do?

No compartments for storage at all. Detachable cord is the USB to USB mini B.
USB mini B goes into the stick.

http://www.usbcable.com/94-3996.jpg

The art is paper under the plexi. Removing the snap in buttons has resulted in accidentally damaging the art where the clips existed. I will open the top panel after I find a hex key of proper size. It is too small from my standard set of tools I will have to buy a micro set of hex keys probably used for RC car parts.

Pulse is not working for me at all. It functions the same as OFF at the moment.

@kaihong : Thanks for dissecting this stick! Do you mind if I post your pics & quote you in the Injustice thread I created? Or if you have the time, you can do so yourself here:

I’ll get right to it.

Portal themed arcade stick with Seimitsu buttons all round and LS-32-01 stick.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m197/b16sdm/PortalCustomArcadeStick17_zps004fd42f.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m197/b16sdm/PortalCustomArcadeStick21_zps3612058d.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m197/b16sdm/PortalCustomArcadeStick23_zps105cc90c.jpg

Holy shit Sam!